Checking my credit file - recommendations?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4725 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Send a cheque to:

Experian £2

Equifax £2

CallCredit - I think £8.

Find the addresses from this website or their own.

Do not sign up for the free months access online, as they still take a card number and if you do not cancel in time the money is gone.

Regards,

John

Save £2.

You can get your CallCredit Report absolutely Free of Charge. You don't give any of your card details so don't have to worry about remebering to cancel a Direct Debit etc.

Try the link on the www.freeidportection.co.uk web site to Annual Credit Check - (It's on the right-hand side of the web page under Our Sponsors).

I don't know if this has changed, but the last time I looked at this the reason it was free, was because you have to provide a pile of information to THEM, before they release the file to you. Basically, it is a harvesting exercise to populate their data - something they cannot insist on when you follow the £2 route. In this game, nothing's for free!

And when you send a £2 request you can include a data protection notice not to process your data for direct marketting in the same envelope:)

Direct Mail? That's the least of your worries. What you are doing is providing information they don't already know to make sure they know much more about you that they did before you took up their 'offer'.

Thanks so much, I will def give that a try.

My wife applied to annualcreditreport via the Identity Theft protection, ID fraud prevention tips, Impersonation fraud assistance website on Thursday 17th July at 16:26. She's just received her Security Code today, less that 24 hours later and has access to her Call Credit File.

The only personal information she submitted was her name, address and email address.

Saved herself £2.