MBNA Credit Card - Harrassment and Porkies

Missy Allen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The card was taken out on August 2003 and the charges actually state £20 so I gather this will be the correct T&C's unless someone else can tell me that they were £25 on their T&C's.

I will take your advice and just wait for Cabot to make the first move.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have today received a letter from Cabot Financial still stating the wrong account number and it just states that they have acquired the original credit agreement from MBNA and have enclosed a copy for me. There is no account number on the credit agreement and they have not issued a default notice yet. What should I do now?

Missy Allen

THe agreement seems to be properly executed (and therefore enforceable). The only question would be if the two pages are not part of the same document. However, the dates on the 2 sides appear to tie up and the punch holes indicate that the copies were filed together. Having said that, the punch holes also indicate that this is not an original that has been copied but is a copy of a copy. (If it were an original the punch holes would be on opposite sides)

They used a Barclaycard as ID???!!!! Amazing. There are still enough details on here to identify you - like the barcode and the date you took it out.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I have removed the links to the agreement - sorry I didn't realise.

Hi Missy Allen, you can blank them over in photobucket and repost them. Huggy did a video tutorial on how to do this, it's quite straightforward: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/165941-photobucket-video-tutorial.html

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

• 1 month later...

I have received a further letter from Caob stating that I have to get back to them within 14 days.

I have double checked and MBNA sent a Default Notice in July 2008 and this states the correct credit card account number, however, Cabot Financial are still quoting an incorrect account number.

Should I ask Cabot Financial to confirm that the T&C's are the original T&C's at the time of signing the agreement as I presume once this has been clarified it will be pretty obvious whether the agreement is enforceable or not.

Thanks

I have received a further letter from Caob stating that I have to get back to them within 14 days.

I have double checked and MBNA sent a Default Notice in July 2008 and this states the correct credit card account number, however, Cabot Financial are still quoting an incorrect account number.

Should I ask Cabot Financial to confirm that the T&C's are the original T&C's at the time of signing the agreement as I presume once this has been clarified it will be pretty obvious whether the agreement is enforceable or not.

Thanks

Hi Missy Allen,

Any chance you could scan up the default notice?

Regards.

Fred