Help with Equita Bailiffs and Excessive Fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to forum and seeking help re: PCNs and excess bailiff fees.

I received PCN for bus lane offense but made representation that lane not properly signed. TFL rejected my claim and sent several notes seeking payment (including a charge certificate). Through the course of time, I forgot about the notice altogether. On 26 June 08, I received what I believe to be my first letter from Equita seeking payment of £262.79 (no breakdown provided). I attempted to contact them about 10-12 days later (as out of the country) and ultimately was given bailiff name with whom I was to leave a msg. Subsequently, I received an undated letter purporting to be a bailiff removal notice (i.e. contact in 24hrs or we remove your car). I called and left msg again but no return call. On 14 July I finally got through to bailiff and learned that fees were now £486.04. I paid fees and have requested breakdown.

Do these fees seem excessive? Do I have any recourse given not date specified on letter or attendance date? Thanks in advance.

The fees do not seem correct. Can you send me a pm with the name of the bailiff so that I can check to see whether he is on our database of certificated bailiffs.

When you received letters from the bailiff company, did you also receive a leaflet called "Know your Rights" . This is provided by Transport for London. This is very important.

I would suggest that you contact the Traffic Enforcment Centre on 08457 045 007 and ask them the date the Warrant of Execution was authorised. This is important as the contract that the bailiff companies have with TfL stipulate that a first visit should not take place for a certain period of time. If you let me know I can advise further.

Today, I received another letter via post dated the 10 July purporting to be a removal notice. This is completely ridiculously as I paid the PCN yesterday and spoke with a representative of Equita to obtain breakdown of fees. This makes me wonder whether or not the previous removal letter was actually hand-delivered and whether they actually attend with a van (as indicated by the Bailiff when I spoke to him about charges).

In any event, I was not provided with "know your rights" booklet in any of the correspondence from Bailiff.

Will PM bailiff name to you shortly. Thanks.

Got breakdown of fees today:

1. Parking Fine £185

2. Initial Letter £11.20

3. Visit Fees £55.00

4. Attendance / Enforcement £190

5. Card Charge £0.85

6. VAT 44.99

Total £487.04

I will check with TEC on Monday and let you know about date of Warrant.

Got breakdown of fees today:

1. Parking Fine £185

2. Initial Letter £11.20

3. Visit Fees £55.00

4. Attendance / Enforcement £190

5. Card Charge £0.85

6. VAT 44.99

Total £487.04

I will check with TEC on Monday and let you know about date of Warrant.

£245 for just coming to visit you then they charge you an additional 0.85p for using a card!! :lol: You have to admire their cheek!