Could somebody answer me this question please, coz i dont know what to do.

jimlfc6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am due to be charged £50 at the end of the month due to going over my agreed overdraft twice by accident.

I am really worried that this £50 is going to be taken directly out of my account, even though i have rung the bank and wrote to the bank stating that the charges are unlawful.

The main thing that bothers me is i cant even afford the £50 at the moment and it is going to stop me either paying my rent or being able to get anywhere near enough food in for my family, is there anyway i can stop them taking the money or make them accept a minimum amount each week instead of one lump sum, because if they do i am getting myself into financial trouble.

I know it is only £50 but, with me having so little money right now, i really need it.

I went into the bank in person and asked for them to take it in small amounts, but her reply was that her hands were tied and she could do nothing, even though she simpified.

please any help would be great.

Thanks

I am really sorry to say that they will more than likely just take the money from your account on the date they have set. As you have already written, phoned and spoken in person to the people at your bank, the only thing I can suggest is to try and make an appointment with your bank manager and explain the situation with him/her. If your account is usually in good order (and it was a genuine error on your part that you went over your limit), he/she may make a decision to stop the money coming out of your account as a gesture of goodwill.

I don't think there is really anything else you can do. You could open another account somewhere else and arrange any money due in to go into the new account . Then just let them take the charge from your account and commence a claim against them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

thanks for your reply, i went in person today and explained my money situation, she seemed like she wanted to help, but said her hands were tied and she could do nothing to stop them taking the money.

just shows how annoying it is in my opinion that this is taking so long in court, because people are still getting charged while they cant afford to pay it. When they put a freeze on anyone making a claim against the banks, there should have been freeze on them taking any money off us, until a decision is reached.

Hi, jimlfc6.

Are you on Benefits ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Jim

Use this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/42170-right-appropriation-stop-bank.html

I would take in to the bank and hand it in in person, I would also print off a second copy and get the Manager (whoever to sign you copy as a receipt)

Jogs

• Haha 1

no i have a full time job, but my partner dosent work, so we get like child tax cred, working tax, and housing benefit, because i am on a low wage.

unfortunatly, after everything is paid we have £4 a week between us.

Jogs, did you pinch that from me ? :p

Jim, there's not much I could add to Jowalshy's post.

You could go in and try to speak to them again, apart from that, I really don't know.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Jim

Use this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/42170-right-appropriation-stop-bank.html

I would take in to the bank and hand it in in person, I would also print off a second copy and get the Manager (whoever to sign you copy as a receipt)

Jogs

thanks alot, i will see if this works tomorrow

Jim, the trouble is you'll still be £50 overdrawn, thus more and more charges being added to the account.

If you are not with Natwest, I would suggest opening a Step account with them

NatWest - Find the best current account for you

Its quick and easy to set up online and you can get your wages, benefits paid in from next month so you won't lose the £50.

Then it's time to reclaim all the charges on the account you are having problems with.

JOgs

Hi, i tried the letter at HSBC but they have turned the request down.

How is the case going in court, are the banks going to lose?

I am so annoyed that banks can still take money off you, even though everything is frozen for thier benefit

Hi jim ,

The judge is going to take a couple of months yet to make up his mind I think......if the latest news release is anything to go by :

BBC NEWS | Business | Decision awaited on historic fees

However, it shouldn't stop you from progressing with this - so jo's earlier advice is still relevant - it's time to open a Parachute account I would say...... some say Natwests is the best bet but you have a wide choice :

Parachute Account

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

This, if you use it for day to day expenses and don't go overdrawn, wil keep it out of the clutches of HSBC.

You can then start working out how to go about reclaiming the money that they owe you. There are some links on jos's post but you can have a look at these too to get you started.......

Step by Step Instructions post OFT Test Case

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

It's your money jim - don't let them get away with it...... Come back if you're stuck there's always plenty of advice on here......... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

You're welcome, jim :)

Can I ask -is it only the £50 that they owe you at the moment or are there other similar charges going further back .........

The reason I ask is that, although I know you've asked them already, it could ,as maroondevo says, be worth asking again.-If they see you're serious about taking it all the way, (which will cost them court costs and interest as well ) they may just sort it out at local level.

The manager saying her hands are tied is rubbish ,they have a certain amount of local discretion, if they care to use it.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I had claimed back roughly £200 in over my agreed overdraft charges last year. This is the 1st time i have gone over my overdraft since then and have been charged, so when they take this money off me, then they will owe me £50 plus interest.

But the problem is i cant afford for them to take £50 off me as it puts me in severe difficulty in paying my rent and paying for food.

The person at the bank seemed genuine, but i asked over and over again if she could do anything, and explained my financial difficulties at present , and she kept saying "i can't do anything" to the point where she just wasnt going to budge.

Then it's time to take it out of her reach, jim - :) Parachute account as soon as you can - hopefully before the next lot goes in........

That'll give you breathing space to concentrate on gettlng it back.

Nemo me impune lacessit

You're welcome, jim :-)

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit