Cra Files

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have had a DCA contact me at an address I have never ever lived it.

Is there any way it could be some sort of link? Could I ask for link to be removed if this is the case? And how would I go about it? Well, it is only possible explanation for DCA contacting me at the address.

However I am afraid to get a report from CRA in the likelihood that everyone will start bombarding me. I am only just about coping with HFO as it is, without others jumping on the wagon.

Any advice is gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards

Scottygal :)

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi

You say they have contacted you at an address you have never lived at, is itthe address of a relative, they could simply be trying to trace you, advise people to send the letter back marked "return to sender not resident at this address".

No it was a friends mothers house they contacted me though :confused:

I had to contact them as they were constantly sending cards and letters to this address as this was not fair on friends mother as she is a pensioner and was panicking.

Guest Old_andrew2018

I can't see how they got this address, could you have requested goods delivered there say if you were out.

For now I would do nothing, as the DCA have your proper address, if other letters start arriving then you have 2 choices, get them sent back "return to sender not resident at this address", or contact them with your address.

Regards

Andy

Hi

I have contacted them with my new address and have been corresponding to them in writing arguing about the alleged debt. My concern is could there possibly be a link to that address and how do I get it rectified? My friends mother once gave me a reference when renting accommodation. Do the CRA have a right to have her address linked to me? If not, what can I possibly do about it?

Hi Scottygal, very strange how they got that address. Have you checked your CRA files to see if there is an association or linked address listed?

If there is then challenge the CRA on it. I had loads on mine and god knows where they came from (the CRA couldn't even tell me!)

You could also send a SAR to the DCA, that could show you, as well as give you lots of argument material!

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Guest Old_andrew2018
Hi All

I am afraid to get a report from CRA in the likelihood that everyone will start bombarding me. I am only just about coping with HFO as it is, without others jumping on the wagon.

Any advice is gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards

All good advice, however the Op was concerned that if she wrote to a CRA it would flag up her address to others, I'm not sure if that would happen, does anyone know if it would.

Andy

Thank you both kindly.

Dipply - I am afraid to ask for my credit report in the likely event it will alert all my other creditors. Can only deal with 1 at a time as I get too stressed over things.

Andrew - Is there anyway you could find out any of the information on my behalf as I do not even know where to begin, dumb blonde LOL

Oh, so sorry, well spotted Andrew :o, apologies scottygal, blonde moment also!

Tricky one, as far as I know, the minute you give another address they will make it available. I remember a question when I signed for my files - asking if I was getting the reports for myself or on behalf of someone....maybe agencies like the CAB can help and get your reports for you, sent to them care of or somehting?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p