Orange Contract - Carphone Warehouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I decided to take out a contract from the CPW in february '08.

I saw in the window that the Blackberry 8110 (pink) was available with £150 cashback. So I decided to go ahead with this, The spotty teenage girl working behind the counter went ahead with this and without signing any agreements, she credited the £150 to my debit card, we then proceeded with signing me up to the contract only for her to realise that the £150 cashback wasnt available when taking out an orange contract and only on o2, so i agreed to go onto o2, but didn't pass the credit check, but as i still wanted the phone, and the fact she had already put the £150 pounds onto my debit card she said I would have to take it out on orange.

I had to take out the contract on orange, but was only entitled to £100 cashback, so she had to debit £50 (I foolishly agreed) from my debit card which left me £50 down as the £150 credit wouldn't clear for a further 3 days. This led to me having to pay my rent late for that month. I Charles Dunstones (CPW's CEO) Office.

Only to recieve a less than satisfying reply, blaming it on me being indecisive on the phone and tariff that I wanted, and that they wouldn't do anything.

I have been considering what action to take and stumbled across this forum, so thought I would ask for some advice.

I feel I have been scammed! Please help

I look forward to hearing from all who can provide some help and advice.

Edited by hirst89

Whether you were indecisive or not, that is your right. The staffer had clearly made mistakes by crediting you before the deal was done, and everything spun from that error. If you failed the credit check, then you should have shrugged your shoulders and departed. True, the money you would eventually be credited with is theirs, but that would be their lookout to get it back as the error was theirs. I'd also suggest you were due an apology.

I'd like more than an apology to be honest as I was hesitant about continuing with signing up, when she said I would only get £100 pounds, but I was told I would have to becuase she'd already credited me the money. Now Im stuck in an 18 month contract! with 12 months left which is going to cost me over £500. Do you think I could be entitled to more than just an apology, like the right to cnacel my contract early, with no charge to myself.

Erm, you have 12 months left of an 18 month contract and are raising all this now? Sorry, think it is a bit late to start thinking about this being a reason to cancel a contract for free, expecting (at the time) an apology for the error made, yes most definately as most of us do give if we, as humans, do make an error.

I am slightly confused however as your most recent post says that you have passed the 9 months stage of an 18 month contract, with a query about reducing tarrifs!

I can understand you may have been unhappy at the inception of the contract, but that would have been the time to take all these issues up, not halfway through the contract period!

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

As you cans see in my original post, I did take it up at the time, but got fobbed off by CPW, and stumbled across this forum and it reminded me of the unsatisfactory response I got, and was just wondering what other peoples opinions on this are.

Yes my other query is regarding my partners Orange contract.

Thanks