Consumer Credit Agreement question.

Tigerbaby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:???:HELP, I need an EXPERT in the consumer credit act!:???:

Signed a course agreement with the Instructor College in 2006. The lady conducting the introduction (secretary) arranged a one year interest-free loan covering the course fees provided by Clydesdale Finance on the same day. She urged me to sign there and then because this was "a special offer due to promotion". About 8 months into the course, I sustained RSI as a consequence of instructions given and asked for a refund as I couldn't continue. This was refused. I did some research on the web and discovered that TIC is owned by LVG Ltd operating on different premises. Also, when I signed the course/loan agreement TIC's consumer credit license had expired and they hadn't applied for extension.

Now, question (1):

Can ANY employee (not trained/registered as a finacial advisor) of company (A=TIC) owned by company (B=LVG) sell a loan provided by company (C=Clydesdale) on the premises of company (A) without a representative of company © present? Would company (A) need its own consumer credit license especially if it doesn't provide the information that it's owned by another company?

Question (2): Wouldn't TIC have been obliged to grant me a 7 day cooling off period during which to take the respective documents off their premises and seek independent advice if so desired before asking me to sign them?

I'm running in circles as I don't have a clue which part of the consumer credit act applies to this situation and these "friendly people" have maneuvered me into a tight spot.

Your expert advice will be highly appreciated.

I think your agreement would be covered with a CCA request and there should be a section on it about terminating the agreement.

Do you have a copy?

If not send a cca request to get one

Consumer Credit Act template - Consumer Wiki

Someone will be along a credit lisc etc

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

TIC had acted as a broker and when they refused me a refund due to the injury, I didn't repay any of the loan they had arranged with Clydesdale Finance but went to a solicitor. He didn't have any joy as both TIC and Clydesdale ignored his attempts at correspondence. After a couple of months, he closed the file and lo and behold, about two weeks later he received a letter from LVG Ltd's director who contested every point my solicitor had made and concluded that he'd consider giving me a refund if I surrender my driving license. Clydesdale had the cheek to claim that the loan had nothing to do with TIC and the course even though the £ 3000 had gone directly to TIC's account. I then wrote several letters to Clydesdale asking them what I'd have to pay to settle the debt of originally £ 3000. In their first reponse, they asked for £ 5189.65 to which I replied that I find it excessive. In their next letter, they asked for £ 5203.84 and again, I replied that I find it excessive. Then, they sold the debt to Barclays who asked for £ 6318.36 minus £ 1081.90 if I pay by 1/1/08. I ignored them completely, didn't hear anything more until 1/5/08 when CapQuest sent me a letter informing me that they'd now bought the debt from Barclays. I sent them a cca request on 26/6 and got three letters from them, pretty much indicating that they haven't got the loan agreement. I've got another thread on this forum, "Help - I'm having major problems with CapQuest", where I've quoted the letters.

I very much doubt that TIC could act as a broker from their premises and under their name without having a valid consumer credit license.

How can I attach the agreement (course & loan?) to this site? Is it the "insert image" icon?

Tried trading standards but they appeared at a complete loss with the case (not all that interested).

As for terminating both course and loan agreement, that's what my solicitor had tried.

What now???

album

Well, I've saved the relevant pages in photobucket, clicked on the "insert image" icon and typed in the URL.

Don't know though if and how you can retrieve the image (5 pages)???

Or, should I have done something different???

th_course_agreement19606_edited.jpg

Well, that's the course agreement with TIC. I've copied the image from photobucket and pasted it here but it's too small to make out anything. Is there any way to enlarge it???

Could anyone please comment on these agreements?

Especially, how come that TIC aren't regulated by some government organisation despite the fact that they broker financial products???