Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CitizenB,

Nice of you to drop by, your comments are always welcome Thank You.

I may send her a belated one after the 14th January 2010 if I have any left that is.

Just to show no hard feelings lol

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pompey, she sends them out (or at least the replies I've had so far have been) with the po box 1004 address, so I would think that's probably ok.

If you've not got it (I can't believe you wouldn't with the amount of correspondence you've had:D), it's

MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

PO Box 1004

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9WW

Either that or as CB says just send it to the registered office:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Lexis,

Thank You, but its ok I got all the info off one of her Witness Statements

Ms Dianne Powell

Litigation Manager

MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

Stansfield House

Chester Business Park

CHESTER

CH4 9QQ

So ill send it there and if she does not get it well thats another lie on her statements lol

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 1 month later...

Greetings mkb and all,

Right it was a case of 50/50 me thinks.

Now remember I had a judgement for the whole amount.

Optima Legal tried to get a C/O this was denied by the judge because she also had mine and my mums medical conditions to think off and it would be most unfair to grant that.

With that she asked me what my earnings was and I said as im on incapacity benefit all I get is £80 a week.

So she said in that case the terms of the tomlin order which was set on the 15th June 2008 remain as is and I must start payment on the 1st Feb 10 until paid.

So all I pay is £20 a month so that was a good result I think.

As for the Comtempt which was rife in this case by Optima Legal that was a non starter as she would not have any of it.

A lot of time was spent over quiet a few weeks preparing that for which a 48 page statement was submitted with clear evidence.

I dont even think she read that statement plus she did not even allow enough time for the hearing as she only allowed half an hour.

She said she could not consider it as the case was closed.

Now I produced case law that states even if a case is closed that does not stop proceedings being brought for contempt specially if it is in the public interests.

Anyway as for that im not letting it drop as it is in the public interests and all the judge has done is effectively given the solicitors a green card to carry on.

This cannot happen and im not going to allow it to my complaint is with the SRA and im looking to see if this can be taken further in court.

Regards

PF

Greetings Lilly,

That is my Dog at Xmas hehe.

PF

This post is in repy to PF post #1594

And will probably get me banned

Its time Cag woke up and smelled the roses, Remember my replies pompeyfaith on the first judgment?

Law and legislation is not enough, and yes i have wasted enough time studying it, and threads on here where it is ignored.

Its wrong, but unless cag can provide legal representation to every case, this is the result you will get

Many magistrates work for big financial institutions on the side as consultants

besides that, the reason why are obvious

Legislation alone will not win a battle, unless someone is willing to fund the appeal. and fund the costs!

The creditors have too much to lose, so has the country's economy

I really hope this post does not get cab botted, but feel it will

if it does, i hope some see it before it does and question why?

Edited by blind-as-a-bat

This post is in repy to PF post #1594

And will probably get me banned

Its time Cag woke up and smelled the roses, Remember my replies pompeyfaith on the first judgment?

Law and legislation is not enough, and yes i have wasted enough time studying it, and threads on here where it is ignored.

Its wrong, but unless cag can provide legal representation to every case, this is the result you will get

Many magistrates work for big financial institutions on the side as consultants

besides that, the reason why are obvious

Legislation alone will not win a battle, unless someone is willing to fund the appeal. and fund the costs!

The creditors have too much to lose, so has the country's economy

I really hope this post does not get cab botted, but feel it will

if it does, i hope some see it before it does and question why?

Any ideas on how CAG would fund legal representation for every case BAAB?

It's a self help forum and all we can do is try to provide a place for people to share their information and knowledge. At the end of the day it's down to individuals to do what they think is best for them.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

well it was very clear the hearing would take more than 30 mins so why did she only allow that amount of time to deal with it?

anyway i got fee remission 4 this hearing so i will apply again 4 an appeal

:-|

Any ideas on how CAG would fund legal representation for every case BAAB?

It's a self help forum and all we can do is try to provide a place for people to share their information and knowledge. At the end of the day it's down to individuals to do what they think is best for them.

Agreed caro, and there is no way cag, or anyone else, could fund it, but thats the problem

Im sorry if my posts come accross in a negative tone, but while courts, or magistrates, ignore legislation we are in a no win situation, apart from the few 'lucky ones' that get a magistrate that follows legislation

Im sorry caro, this is why i refrained from posting here, i should have stayed quiet

Sorry:(

Edited by blind-as-a-bat

You're entitled to your opinion, and I agree it's very frustrating. I honestly wish there was more that we could do, but I'm at a total loss to find a better and more successful way ahead.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall at times.:(.

All any of us can do is the best we can.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I agree it's very frustrating. I honestly wish there was more that we could do, but I'm at a total loss to find a better and more successful way ahead.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall at times.:(.

All any of us can do is the best we can.

It’s not my opinion, it is a fact of most cases i have followed, here and elsewhere, and please do not do me the disservice by ignoring that fact.

But please don’t get me wrong, I have spent more time than most studying the relevant acts, and if it was down to the letter of those acts I/we could win in most cases.

No, Cag can not help in every case, but can it not help making courts follow legislation?

I already know the answer, but it’s something to think about.....I may not trust the legal system, but I do not under-estimate the power of public opinion....if directed in the right direction.

Can not help but feeling a change of tactics is needed?????

But like I said, maybe i should have stayed silent???

I was referring to your the opinion that appeared to be coming across about CAG. I didn't mean to do you a disservice and apologise if I have.

I happen to think that we should be trying to sway the politicians during election year, which is why I've started a thread in the campaign forum on bank charges, but I'm coming to the conclusion that it should be about the banks and financial institutions generally.

Perhaps if you follow the link in my sig this may be the kind of thing you were thinking of.

Getting enough support to make a difference seems to be easier said than done though and there are those who think that it's a waste of time and energy. I don't think that people power should be underestimated, but it's galvanising people to take action that's the problem.:-(

Sorry for the hijack pompey.

Why the heck is this happening? Surely the courts are the place to enforce legislation???

Because some unscrupulous people have sought to take advantage and cash in on a loophole in the law and used it in a way that was never intended, like CMCs and the Rankines.

That's what I think anyway.

Unfortunately it's been those in need of the protection of the law who have fallen foul in courts.:sad:

Because some unscrupulous people have sought to take advantage and cash in on a loophole in the law and used it in a way that was never intended, like CMCs and the Rankines.

That's what I think anyway.

Unfortunately it's been those in need of the protection of the law who have fallen foul in courts.:sad:

Agreed, it is those mentioned above who have created an image that everyone has now been tarred with.:(

Going back to PF's thread :D

PF, have you put your complaint to the SRA:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Citizen yes i have so hopefully they will take it to a tribunal

• 1 month later...

Greetings All,

I bet you all thought I had disappeared of the face of this earth.

Well not quiet I have been taking a rest from all this lark as it was getting the worse of me.

Anyway I am back, but firstly I would like to apologise to all those that have been looking for my help.

I have had a nice few weeks with debt well out of my mind and diverting my time to my family more.

Now as for the SRA I got a reply today and they seem well interested in investigating my complaint being as optima saw fit not to.

They have copies of my last witness statement and today have asked for copies of all the evidence that went with it so that has duly been sent to them via SD delivery.

So now I await there reply before I decide which way to go next.

I think I am now passed the time limit to appeal, so I'm thinking about bringing a separate case to court for contempt.

If the SRA bring action that will make my case stronger so I'm thinking carry on paying the £20 a mth until the outcome of the SRA then clobber Optima in Court.

Does that sound right guys?

Anyway great to be back posting.

PF

Not something I know anything about PF, but just wanted to say welcome back. I'm glad you took the time you needed.:)

Hi PF:)

Just echoing Caro's words really - it's great to have you back as you've been missed! Glad you're feeling refreshed after your break. Sorry I can't help with your query though.

Take care,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

No advice from me either, PF..

Pleased to hear you are well rested and back with a vengeance though :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Langster,

I have a question to ask, but I have to pop out to collect my son so ill be back in 20 mins ok.

Thanks for the info.

Will update you soon as i get back.

PF

Right, Following the letter I got from the SRA I sent all the evidence they asked for they seemed very interested maybe this is because there is someone else on here making a very similar complaint about optima.

Your thoughts please but im wondering if i should now let the SRA take there course and them subject to there findings make an application to the judge.

The reasoning is because maybe it would make my case stronger against them re the contempt.

Anyway the payments too Optima are upto date and another went though today.

Regards

PF