Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3775 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

No doubt the solicitor will also tell me to make a complaint to the SRA

And Capita PLC will not like the flak that is about to fly

Did you know that capita is the parent company of optima ? yup this is now very serious stuff

Very big PLC on the FTSE 100

http://www.capita.co.uk/Pages/Default.aspx

Edited by pompeyfaith

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transferring to my phone browser now.

brb

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi PF

I dont remember if I have posted before but I have been following your thread with interest as I am sure many people have.

You are obviously very excited at the new developments and now have the bit between your teeth so to speak, which is good to see. True pompey attitude.

My opinion - you can now pay £20.00 per month for as long as you wish and pull the rug from under them at your leisure.

I would imagine that they could purchase your debt for whatever figure they wanted (or were forced) to pay. You would expect it to be 5p - 20p in the pound depending on the quality of the debt. Of course they could pay £1.00 in the pound if they chose, I do not believe they would need your permission to do that.

So that would explain why the standing order would be as it is. However, that would also mean that they have taken on the liability for any action you take.

You will probably have only one chance now to get it right so get it right you must. At £20 p month time is on your side.

Pedross

pedros thats my plan but it will be sooner rather than later because this is afterall contempt abuse of due process and negligence

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

pedros thats my plan but it will be sooner rather than later because this is afterall contempt abuse of due process and negligence

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Act in haste, repent at leisure!!

If you're going to do it then, as Pedross said, do it right!

Why not maintain the status quo for now, enjoy Christmas and then re-group for the New Year?

• Haha 1

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

if optima have brought this debt rather than paid it off am i right in thinking they need a consumer credit licence and if so where do i find this out

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

if optima have brought this debt rather than paid it off am i right in thinking they need a consumer credit licence and if so where do i find this out

I don't believe they do as the account has been terminated and there is no "live" running credit agreement.

Naturally they will need some type of licence for debt collection activities. You can check the reister on the link below.

Public Register

Edited by WelshMam2009
Wrong Optima!! ;)

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

I don't believe they do as the account has been terminated and there is no "live" running credit agreement.

Naturally they will need some type of licence for debt collection activities. You can check the reister on the link below.

Public Register

no, Optima are solicitors therefore are covered by the block licence given to the Law Society

Found this mention by the SRA.

Seems Solicitors are covered by a group licence held by The Law Society.

Solicitors Regulation Authority - SRA Update

David

Didn't know that!!

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

no, Optima are solicitors

PT

Are you sure lol because im not

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

One other question please if you do not mind.

Soothy mentions above that I should S.A.R both MBNA and OPTIMA this I believe is a good step get the chickens before I count the eggs.

Do I have to use the S.A.R route because if this case is stayed can I not use CPR instead to get data held since the trial.

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

PT,

Sorry yes I know they are,what I mean't was should they be.

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

But top class advice Thank You all.

I will carry on paying the £20 and take my time to get all the evidence i have in order seek to get additional evidence out of MBNA and Optima then pull the rug for the benefit of all.

Happy Days

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Do you think i have a case here for damages bearing in mind the effect it had on my health putting me in hospital back in march due to the heart attack and now on a cocktail of drugs for the rest of my life plus the stunt they tried to pull over the adjornment i tried to get due to my fathers death.

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

PT,

Thank You so much for looking in I really appreciate it because as you can see it is quite a turn of events.

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Optima Legal appointments

Feb 2009

***** *****, formerly of DLA Piper’s Banking & Finance litigation team joins Optima Legal as Associate to head up the professional negligence team. *****has worked on grounding-breaking cases such as Nationwide v Balmer Radmore (1999) and the Halifax managed mediation as well as work in relation to the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.

Blimey you take on this cases funny how you commit PN too

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

One other question please if you do not mind.

Soothy mentions above that I should S.A.R both MBNA and OPTIMA this I believe is a good step get the chickens before I count the eggs.

Do I have to use the S.A.R route because if this case is stayed can I not use CPR instead to get data held since the trial.

Regards

PF

Bump

Anyone know the answer to the above please

Thank You

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Hi Pompey

I really like your thread and I am very aware of your personal circumstances.

I would like to add that I pass my personal opinion and some people agree with me & give me reps for it and some people don't. I also like to read the posts from soothy which are very informative.

The point I am making is that I am sometimes right and sometimes wrong, when offering my help. I would like to have more time to get involved with threads which I believe that I could add value to and I am sure that a number of posters have the same problem. Your thread is at a very advanced stage. You are not desperate for help, which some posters are, but having said that you need opinions to decide the next move.

I know a lot of people follow your thread but the answers you need are complicated, in my opinion, so it takes a while to think about offering opinions.

I know I am rambling, but I like a beer on a saturday night so please excuse me. I just sense that you want to move quickly and I want to offer my support to you and I repeat what I posted previously and say that I think you should take this really steady.

You have time on your side and I think that you will get some good opinions at some stage. The point regarding SAR is debateable because they do not provide the information you might think that they will. In your case if you send off £20 to both companies and expect them to reply with lots of information (bearing in mind the situation) which will help your case is probably wrong.

I hope you do not look at this post as negative because I do think that you will win in the end. I am in support and I repeat - time is on your side.

Time and tide wait for no man - except pompey! How lucky are you.

Pedross

• Haha 1

Pedross Thank You I value all opinions whether i agree or not as it makes 4 a good balance as for the SAR u maybe right i guess it be better a judge orders that info

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

negative pedross not at all, all taken on board and glad u like the thread and hope u stick around as i do value your postings

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

and a rep will be heading your way tomorrow soon as i can get on pc as i cant rep with s60 simbian fone browser

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN