Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your posts have a large dose of arrogance in them Aloysiush... and I've obviously touched a nerve by pulling you up on one of your posts as well.

You may know certain aspects of law... but I'm doubtful you've experienced some of the real traumas that people have gone through/are going through on here.

That's what worries me...

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to say that in my time on the site, we have seen many people claim to be this and that, only on investigation to be proven not to be

you need to accept Aloysiush that people will be sceptical of you and your suggestions for obvious reasons as this is an internet forum its easy for anyone to register and then post away;)

you display an obvious understanding of law, and it is nice to have someone as clearly knowledgable as your self onboard but as so many people have been caught out in the past, you will need to understand why people will be wary

Priority One,

You have touched no nerve! I have not noticed you 'pulling me up'. If you have - good. I do not pretend to have all the answers - just good solid understanding of the law and CPR.

Point scoring is a waste of time and achieves nothing.

I apologise if I do not appear to be suffering and/or have suffered in the past. FYI - I have lost my home in the past due to debt, all of which was self inflicted. I am and will not be a victim. When one gets rid of that attitude, they can begin again.

I will ensure That those I have helped will be dealt to the end of their cases, but I will post no further on fresh matters and leave you to dish out that which is required.

Well if no nerve was touched, your aggressive post was a tad unwarranted, IMO.

I can see that you have an understanding of the law. The point I'm making here is that the law will not always save a person.... Many of the things you claim don't happen within the DCA industry really do happen. DCAs have pretended to be legally savvy for years.... hence the prattling on about "clients" and phrases like "we act on behalf of" and "instructions", etc..... after a debt has been purchased absolutely :rolleyes:.

Dirty tricks do go on and only when a person is able to dig deep enough into a situation do these become clearer. I've also lost a home in the past, but if I'd followed the legal advice offered at the time re. the huge ex-repo shortfall... I'd have lost thousands.

Just to tap into what Paul said earlier, we have no knowledge of the person behind the username. I've known at least 2 on here who were not what they claimed to be. One of these people I knew in real life, which was what led me to CAG in the first place.... so this person did me a favour in the long term. This person had 3 different user names for various reasons, but appears to have gone underground altogether now. This person was also worshipped by many members on this site during his/her heyday for their supposed knowledge... and gave some solid advice at times, but was extremely unbalanced and potentially dangerous in real life. (I'd better add that it wasn't Laiste, for anyone else reading this)

Before I found this person on here, he/she had already infiltrated the life of a vulnerable family member, set up a very dodgy business and then disappeared after being rumbled for what they were really up to.

I don't wish any suffering upon you or anyone else Alosiush and don't quite know why you'd assume so.... but don't expect people on here to trust you after 29 posts (your total at the time) and an attitude like you've shown so far.

For all I know, you could be the very person mentioned above ;).

Edited by PriorityOne
to add comment

Noted. It's a good job its anon or you would have to learn how to deal with a libel action (tongue in cheek)!

I understand the points you are making. I am not 'that person' and have no wish to be worshipped, but understand the sites natural susp etc.

Truce??

Noted. It's a good job its anon or you would have to learn how to deal with a libel action (tongue in cheek)!

I understand the points you are making. I am not 'that person' and have no wish to be worshipped, but understand the sites natural susp etc.

Truce??

Yeah... truce :D. It's much better when we all bat for the same side, so to speak and I know you're not "that" person, by the way... ;) .

Truce??

Yeah... truce :D. It's much better when we all bat for the same side, so to speak and I know you're not "that" person, by the way... ;) .

This is good news. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

bump

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi Pompeyfaith

I think you need to get this thread back on track and follow the advise as advised in post 38

Regards

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Recieved my N1 on the 11th july, so i have until monday 18th to file defence correct ? cpr 18 they recieved on friday 18th july so they have until say monday 28th july to reply correct ? can someone confirm if i have my dates right Thank You

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

From the date on the claim form, you have 5+14days to file your acknowledgement of service, then a further 14 days to file your defence, i trust this makes everything clear.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Help

Due to my stroke and having a brain like a sieve ive cocked up big time i think having put my defence in and clicking the submit button i relised i did not included the part 20 have i now lost all chance of a counter claim ?

If i ring northampton tommoz and explain my mistake do you think they will be able to amend ( not holding out on that) or will i be able to add my part 20 later on ( even if it does make me look a Edit)

Really need some advice here.

Thank You

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Help

Due to my stroke and having a brain like a sieve ive cocked up big time i think having put my defence in and clicking the submit button i relised i did not included the part 20 have i now lost all chance of a counter claim ?

If i ring northampton tommoz and explain my mistake do you think they will be able to amend ( not holding out on that) or will i be able to add my part 20 later on ( even if it does make me look a Edit)

Really need some advice here.

Thank You

Regards

Leon

There is no harm in phoning and explaining that you hit the submit button in error. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok well its been 14days tommoz that i sent the cpr 18 to optima legal and had no reply so am still in the dark as to my defence where do i go from here?

Appriciating all your help

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

bump

Ok Thanks I recieved a letter from Northampton court today just to confirm that they have recieved my defence and that they would serve a copy on to MBNA and that they have 28 days to responed from recieving the copy, but surely they have defaulted by not suppling what was asked for in the cpr 18 which i posted special delivery on the 17th july and they recieved on the 18th july.

Can someone explain what a stay is as i dont understand that part of the letter and i quote: Where he wishes to proceed,the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after recieving a copy of your defence. After that period has elapsed the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.

Still not had any correspondance from Optima Legal or MBNA.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Leon, a STAY is where the court orders a suspension of proceedings for one reason or another. :)

BCOBS

Thank You Citizen how long would a stay be in force for (blimey this is giving me a headache) And how likely is it that a judge would lift it

Sorry to be a pain

I just want to have all arms armed.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

If the claimant doesn't wish to proceed, they normally issue a discontinuance order, but if they do nothing the court may order a stay or strike out, if a stay is ordered you may have to apply to the court for a strike out

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Should i now be preparing my final defence and if so is there anyone that could help me with that.

Thank You

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Should i now be preparing my final defence and if so is there anyone that could help me with that.

Thank You

Regards

Leon

No, if they decide to continue, the next stage is that the matter will be transferred to your local court, and you will get a form called an Allocation Questionaire to fill in

Thank You Creditcardmug so you saying even though they have not complide with my cpr18 request i still hold out and i can make this known to the court at a later date.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Well you said you have already filed your defence, you should have made it known in that, as said the next stage is the AQ where you will be asking the court to order them to comply, dont worry, if you ever get to the court you can tell the judge that they didnt comply