Shewolf V Barclays

Shewolf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know of a good templete letter that has worked for them? I've got a list of all the charges made to me by Barclays over the last 6yrs and I'm hoping to send the next letter asap. I don't want to get it wrong !!

Barclays 1st Claim

Prelimery letter sent 19/7/06

LBA sent 2/8/06

Offer of less than 50% rejected

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

Prelimery letter sent 11/10/06

LBA Sent 25/10/06

CLAIM SETTLED 10/11/06 :-)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you get the letters in the right order. Have you sent a Data Protection Act SAR letter to get your fees? If not I would advise you to do that as you will get details of manual interventions on your account.

Have a very good read of the FAQ's before you do anything as mistakes made now will, at least, delay you getting your money back or, at worst (and it hasn't happened yet), get the case thrown out of court.

If you have sent the Data Protection Act SAR then the next letter is the preliminary request letter.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Steve

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Thanks for the help. I had written to them to request info and they (eventually) sent them to me this morning. I have added up all the charges and it came to £1120!!

Been reading your story aginst Barclays and wanted to wish you good luck !! I must admit I feel a bit intimidated by it all. I'm not daft, but all the legal jargon does baffle me. Any advice ?

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Just follow the step by step guide. Send the SAR then the Preliminary letter. Then the Letter Before Action (LBA) Then (probably) a polite thanks for your derisory offer but I want it ALL back. Then 14 days from LBA go to MoneyClaim On-Line and start the court proceedings.

Good Luck

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

I've totted up all my charges now and I will be sending my prilimery approach letter to Barclays tomorrow.

Wish me luck, I get the feeling I'm going to need it !!!

• Confused 1

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

read and digest all u can follow the plans given out on here and with the help and support of everyone on bank action group you wont need luck shewolf. but then it cant hurt...... Good luck girl.

Best of luck to you, let us know how you get on;)

Lloyds TSB credit card-Judgement by default filed 8/06/07

Virgin credit card-£120 claimed Settled in full

Business barclaycard-£200 claimed Settled in full

Business a/c-£961.31 claimed Settled in full

NatWest personal a/c-£3010.28 claimed Settled in full

Abbey business a/c-£2390.96 Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c-£497 claimed Settled in full

HSBC credit card-£175.65 claimed Settled in full

Co-op credit card-£150 claimed Settled in full

NatWest business a/c-£250.00 claimed Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c2-£336 claimed Settled in full

Lloyds Business a/c-£1027 claimed Settled in full:lol:

Posted letter off. Barclays recieved it 19/07/06 - according to Royal Mail.

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Standard letter sent by Barclays today. Letter says they will have an answer or update by 15/8. Note : not within 14 days like my letter to them asked for!! If it was them asking me to do something within 14 days they wouldn't accept almost a month, would they? Probably charge me £30 as well, what a bunch of wallys!!

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Probably charge me £30 as well, what a bunch of wallys!!

Too true!! All sounds like it's gong to plan now, just stick to your 14 day deadline no matter what they do

Carly

;)

Lloyds TSB credit card-Judgement by default filed 8/06/07

Virgin credit card-£120 claimed Settled in full

Business barclaycard-£200 claimed Settled in full

Business a/c-£961.31 claimed Settled in full

NatWest personal a/c-£3010.28 claimed Settled in full

Abbey business a/c-£2390.96 Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c-£497 claimed Settled in full

HSBC credit card-£175.65 claimed Settled in full

Co-op credit card-£150 claimed Settled in full

NatWest business a/c-£250.00 claimed Settled in full

Halifax personal a/c2-£336 claimed Settled in full

Lloyds Business a/c-£1027 claimed Settled in full:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to send the LBA on the 2/8 as I have heard nothing at all since the standard letter that they sent. I'm going to use the one int the templetes library. Am I doing the right thing? The 14 days that the prelimary letter stated will be up on the 2/8?

Also, the LBA says 'I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the xx/xx/xx'. Am I OK to include this phrase, even though they have sort of responded, even if it is with a standard letter? I don't want to look daft, as I am determined to make them take me seriously!!!!!!!

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Have sent LBA to Barclays today (recorded so they can't try to pretend they haven't got my letter !!).:wink:

Do I count 14 days from today before I file a claim for my money? Am I right in thinking the best way to do this is the moneyclaim website? I pretty convinced that its going to take court date to get any sort of a response from Barclays! In total they owe me £1510.:confused:

I must admit, however, it does feel preety good to be taking control of this situation as these charges really have ruled my life for the last few years. I made a new years resolution to not incure any more charges this year and I am proud to say that I have managed (except 1 minor hiccup in Feb!) to stick to it. I have found the telephone banking quite usefull to be honest. It has meant a few dashes to the bank and juggling money around, but to me that it a lot cheaper that £25 or £30 !!:)

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Well done Shewolf, I think Moneyclaim in the best and easiest option as you can check the process of your claim online etc...

Telephone banking is good, are you on online banking?

I find this great as you can check your bank accounts everyday and transfer money between accounts online. Saves the cost of a phone call :D

On me way to court woooohoooooooo :D :D :D

Good morning everyone! feeling a bit twitchy this morning. I haven't heard anything from Barclays yet since their standand letter after my prelim letter.

I really shouldn't be so impatient!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I get the feeling that the customer complaints deptartmant is pretty busy at the moment - I dont know why?!!!!!!;)

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Barclays are getting VERY close to the deadline now. I will be filing my claim on the moneyclaim website on Wednesday morning.

I have been figuring out my charges plus 8% interest using the speadsheet in the library. Do I enter the time period at the top of the speadsheet as from the first charge to last charge or do I enter the date from the first charge to the date I will file my claim? ( I hope that makes sense!!)

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Still nothing from Barclays. In The standard letter they sent me after my prelim letter they stated that I will have and answer or update by 15th August, and thats tomorrow. I'm getting madder by the day now. The only plus side is that they more they are making me wait, the more determined I am to get every penny that I'm owed and not accept any offer !!!!!

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Hi Shewolf

Only just logged on today and I too am excited at the thought of getting something back from Barclays. Good luck for tomorrow, but I suspect, knowing Barclays, that tomorrow may come and go. Fingers crossed for you, and I will look forward to your updates.

RESPONSE FROM BARCLAYS - FINALLY!!!

Recieved an offer from Barclays this morning. They have offered £700 which is less than half of what I am owed.

Need an objective opinion. I really don't want to accept this offer as its a matter of princliple now. I was due to start Moneyclaim today as today is their 14 day deadline. Do I delay the next step or carry on regardless of this letter?

I have got a few ideas from other posts about how to word the letter back to them declining their offer. I am 99% sure that declining their offer is the right thing to do. They way I'm looking at it is I never thought I would see any of this money again before I found this site, therefore its worth risking it.

I really could do with some help regarding when to start Moneyclaim or any opinions on this offer would be great. Thanks everyone for you help.

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

In your LBA you said that they have 14 days to respond positively or you begin Court Action.

You should send them a letter saying you accept their offer but only as a partial payment and will be continuing through the courts for the rest of the money.

They will reply that it was for Full and Final settlement and will cancel their offer.

File on MCOL now - they are doing their best to keep delaying and frustrating you - stick to your timetable.

Spotty

LBA 7th June

MCOL 22nd June

AQ sent 2nd August

Settled in full 12/12/06

Thanks for your help, will file on moneyclaim asap.

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

Help Help Help !!!

Really need some help filing on Money Claim in 'particulars of claim' I havent got a clue what to write in the part regarding intrest:

'The claiment (I) claims intrest under section 67 of the county counts act at the rate of 8% a year from 15/12/00 to 17/8/06 of £------ at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment of a daily rate of ----.'

The amount I am claiming is £1510 and the intrest is £ 363.64. I haven't got a clue what figure to put where !!!

Also, I have used the guide in the library to fill in the claim info before this. Is that ok?

Barclays 1st Claim

LBA sent 2/8/06

Filed MCOL 18/8/06

Defence filed 23/9/06

Court date 8th February

Barclays 2nd Claim

LBA Sent 25/10/06

I think this is what you need, you can cut and paste it into the MCOL form putting your own account number and start date in.

The claimant had a contract with the defendant (a/c xyz) from 19xx which was conducted on their standard terms and conditions. The claimant claims the return of £1510 levied by the defendant in the way of charges. The charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further,as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair(Contracts) Terms Act 1977s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs 1999,Para 8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty, they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. The defendant has been asked to justify the charges but they have declined to do so. The claimant claims interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 24/07/00 to 02/06/06 of £363.64 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.33

Spotty

LBA 7th June

MCOL 22nd June

AQ sent 2nd August

Settled in full 12/12/06

Sorry I have just spotted that you will need to change my dates 24/07/00 and 02/06/06 to your start of the six years and todays date

Spotty

LBA 7th June

MCOL 22nd June

AQ sent 2nd August

Settled in full 12/12/06

Sorry I dont really understand?

Barclays 1st Claim