need assist in what a benefits issue

the skier
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi not sure how to start as it a question on assistance for mother in law having never had to claim dole im at a lost but here goes father in law passed away this year was on disability i think as he was 70+ and had triple bypassetc etc my question is wot now is she entitled too as doesnt get any rent help any help with bills council tax etc etcshe does have a daughter living with her who works but not a well paid job but its a job it seems with him passing away everything stops that cant be right?? any advise or where she needs to be pointed to the right direction is most welcome

Not 100% sure but I think the first thing to do would be to contact the local benefit office, I am sure they will keep her right on what she could apply for there is also a website you could try Entitledto

Hope this helps I am sure someone more clued up on these things will be along soon.

Good luck:-)

Might be worth her applying for Pension Credits. The Pension Service - Pension Credit - Am I entitled to Pension Credit?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi the skier,

How old is your mother inlaw?

Is she in good health herself?

You say her daughter works, do you know how many hours a week?

Was your father lnlaw receiving Disability Living allowance or Attendance Allowance before he passed away?

If your mother inlaw is a pensioner, does she just get a state pension or does she get an occupational one?

Sorry for all the questions but if you provide some more info, I might be able to give you more of an idea of what she may be entitled to claim.

regards, Billy.

If this is a recent death then a good first start is to ask for a bereavement interview with the local benefits agency (Job Centre/Social Security Office). They will assist you to claim Bereavement Benefit, review any benefits or entitlements your mother can now claim in her own right and also ensure that your late father's benefits are terminated properly

If the death was some time ago then a good step now would be to speak with your local council's advice shop. Most have one. They will be able to do a benefits check for your mother to see whether she is getting everything she is entitled to

Alternatively, the Citizens Advice Bureau should be able to do a benefits check for her

The local council welfare rights officer will definitely be able to help with both DWP benefits and council tax/housing benefit if necessary. I am sure that it would help if her daughter went along too, in case any question come up about the total household income.

As the CAB is hopelessly oversubscribed in some areas, the welfare rights officer is a good option.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .