Statutory Declaration out of time - REFUSED by TEC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

A couple of months ago, I received a letter from the bailiffs (notification of Unpaid Penalty Charge), saying that I owed them £740 for two parking tickets that I first heard of.

What must have happened is that I moved from one address to the other and I only re-registered my car 6 months after. They must have used my old address and the landlord just did not notify me of the incoming mail. Still, the car has been re-registered to my current address back in November, the tickets are dated last June, but the first time I heard of it was in May!!

I filed PE2/PE3 forms and put the following reasons, quoting 'I did not receive any notices from Ealing Council since the date of contravention. The first notice I received was dated 7 May 2008 from Collection Services'.

Today I received a notice from Northampton County Court informing me that my application has been refused with no reason given. I am now thinking of filing N244 form, and need your advice:

1. What evidence do I need to supply? I understand that I was a bit wrong here, since I forgot to re-register my car on time, but the penalty seems grossly excessive (the notional amount of these two tickets is just £80!) I really did not receive any mail regarding these tickets, and I normally pay such stuff in the first week.

2. What happens after I file N244? Is the bailiff collection process paused until the court decides on my apellation? How long will it take?

3. Am I potentially exposing myself to a possibility of higher fine (upto £5000) from DVLA for not re-registering a car on time? Should I just forget it and pay the damn £740 instead?

4. How come the amount on the bailiff's claim is so huge - the tickets are just £80?

5. Is it legal by the Council to fine me for the same offence twice (parking on zig-zag, happened on the same day within 3 hours' time?)

Any help will be appreciated. I am at a real loss.

Thanks,

fatcatsat

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

A couple of months ago, I received a letter from the bailiffs (notification of Unpaid Penalty Charge), saying that I owed them £740 for two parking tickets that I first heard of.

What must have happened is that I moved from one address to the other and I only re-registered my car 6 months after. They must have used my old address and the landlord just did not notify me of the incoming mail. Still, the car has been re-registered to my current address back in November, the tickets are dated last June, but the first time I heard of it was in May!!

I filed PE2/PE3 forms and put the following reasons, quoting 'I did not receive any notices from Ealing Council since the date of contravention. The first notice I received was dated 7 May 2008 from Collection Services'.

Today I received a notice from Northampton County Court informing me that my application has been refused with no reason given. I am now thinking of filing N244 form, and need your advice:

1. What evidence do I need to supply? I understand that I was a bit wrong here, since I forgot to re-register my car on time, but the penalty seems grossly excessive (the notional amount of these two tickets is just £80!) I really did not receive any mail regarding these tickets, and I normally pay such stuff in the first week.

2. What happens after I file N244? Is the bailiff collection process paused until the court decides on my apellation? How long will it take?

3. Am I potentially exposing myself to a possibility of higher fine (upto £5000) from DVLA for not re-registering a car on time? Should I just forget it and pay the damn £740 instead?

4. How come the amount on the bailiff's claim is so huge - the tickets are just £80?

5. Is it legal by the Council to fine me for the same offence twice (parking on zig-zag, happened on the same day within 3 hours' time?)

Any help will be appreciated. I am at a real loss.

Thanks,

fatcatsat

It is essentially your own fault you didn't receive the NTO as you didn't inform the DVLA of change of address. Did you not receive the PCNs on the car or were they CCTV PCNs?

The DVLA will not get involved just because you tell the TEC you forgot to inform them.

You can get fined as many times as you park on the zig zags unless you have not moved in between.

Thanks for getting back, green_and_mean.

It's good news that DVLA won't be after me, to top it all. Fingers x'ed.

Yes, I agree it's my own fault - all I wanted to know is what should my strategy be in filing N244? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

fatcatsat