reclaim Unfair charges forum is shutting down

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, mainly because the comments that caused me to post that have been removed,if you had seen what was going on there i have no doubt that you would at least understand my reasons for posting

So, to take stock, in your PM you admit to modifying posts then not to amend your post that you had not, and you now want me to edit my own post at your request.

Is this right?

So, to take stock, in your PM you admit to modifying posts then not to amend your post that you had not, and you now want me to edit my own post at your request.

Is this right?

I have no idea what you are babbling on about!!!

after you posted your message, i realised that the messages that related to my post, were no longer visable as they had been moderated , not by me i add,

however, i considered that you made your post on the basis of what you could see on the thread pointed out to you that "had you have seen the messages which had been posted and were clearly posted to incite and inflame matters" you would as a reasonable person or so i guess anyway, would have understood why i made that post

In my message i invited you to reconsider your message based upon the facts which i had made available to you, however if you wish to leave it is it is then that's fine , i have offered an explanation in private which you choose to disclose to everyone and that i find unfair, however i guess decency doesnt extend to everyone does it

Anyway, is there any moves for the sites to work together, maybe together on some joint projects, while still doing their own individual projects behind scenes?

If something good can come out of it all then has any discussions taken place or has any ideas been made?

Will there finally be an end to the constant site sniping that has happened in the past, and a new leaf opened where the sites can have a dialogue and work together for the common goal?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Anyway, is there any moves for the sites to work together, maybe together on some joint projects, while still doing their own individual projects behind scenes?

If something good can come out of it all then has any discussions taken place or has any ideas been made?

Will there finally be an end to the constant site sniping that has happened in the past, and a new leaf opened where the sites can have a dialogue and work together for the common goal?

It would be good, i admit , but alas it is not my decision to make nor will i be involved in the decision making progress

however, we are all out for the same goals, to fight for the rights of consumers so it would be nice if we could share the wealth of knowledge that has been built up over all the sites

of course thats just my view

Hi Yourbank,

Yes, there is something happening behind the scenes - I personally think it is time to bury the hatchet and work together as an alliance - perhaps still as individual site, but working as a team.

We'll see how things pad out...

I think that both sites compliment each other as they always have done. it seems that this news has brought about some very good comments about both sites and working together is always a good thing. We need all our energy to fight banks as has been posted already.

I think that it is about all bank charges sites working together. PC, CCS, MSE, PAG, LB, RUC, and CAG working jointly. The wealth of experience on the above sites is simply amazing and many of them are veterans of the bank charges forums.

• Haha 1

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I think that it is about all bank charges sites working together. PC, CCS, MSE, PAG, LB, RUC, and CAG working jointly. The wealth of experience on the above sites is simply amazing and many of them are veterans of the bank charges forums.

I totally agree YB.

What is needed is a totally unified approach, maybe a combined "think tank" website ( as I suggested in an earlier post ), with each site still retaining their own individual identity and members, but using a common approach to reclaiming, developed by the thinktank boffins.

There would be nothing to be gained by individual alliances between various pairs or smaller groups of websites. We basically have that already anyway.

The question then is really WHERE to share the information and I suppose the question to be asked is whether RUC is now THAT place?

Well as the other sites do already - post on one anothers sites with new info and ideas and help each other out, recommend users to each others sites for specific specialities etc. It doesnt need a great deal of organisation just an agreement between the sites to work together but retain their individual identities entirely.

what about a specific forum for team members of site "invisible" to members for an exchange of ideas and maybe a unified strategy?

Well as the other sites do already - post on one anothers sites with new info and ideas and help each other out, recommend users to each others sites for specific specialities etc. It doesnt need a great deal of organisation just an agreement between the sites to work together but retain their individual identities entirely.
Just need to get Cagbot to agree then. Problem solved :D

I don;t think unification is particulary necessary, maybe an area for admins / teams of site to discuss ideas and strategy, and share important case developments etc which need to be wider than the individual sites may be beneficial.

I hope that this can be achieved and I hope things can move forwards. It's a pity it has taken RUC to announce closure for these ideas to come to the fore. We must remember one thing.......this is the bear garden. The idea needs to be put in site questions and suggestions and/or discussed off site.

Let's not forget that CAG, MSE, and Penalty Charges did a joint bank charges charter for the OFT to consider last year, and that associations with both those sites and Govan Law Centre go back over 2 years, so it's not a new concept to work together.

I believe that many caggers use other sites too, and vice versa, and we have strength in numbers, so I would hope that we can all work towards the same aims amicably. Let's hope some good comes from RUCs demise, although it would seem that lots of peoples lives have probably been changed by it for the better. An achievement to be proud of.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Caro, are you agreeing/or think that it is a possibility that ALL sites including PAG, RUC, LB and CCS(the smaller sites) can work together as well with MSE and PC and CAG?

Let's not forget yourbank, that some of the sites you mention were formed by people who did not necessarily agree with CAG and preferred to be part of different sites.

That said we all have a common aim in fighting the banks, DCAs etc, so it would be nice to think that we could work together so that we can all get on with fighting our common enemy. Personally I would welcome that, but who knows? Surely we should all try.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Caro, are you agreeing/or think that it is a possibility that ALL sites including PAG, RUC, LB and CCS(the smaller sites) can work together as well with MSE and PC and CAG?

That is not answering my question Caro but it is a politicians answer :D. The question is about working together on joint projects, and I will add, IN SPITE OF THE PAST.

If that situation could be achieved, then it could not happen overnight.

Also, any attempt to get everybody together at the same time would be doomed to failure.

The only way, that I can see, would be to get two or three of the most prominent sites working together then add the others as and when they realised that they were being left behind by not joining the group.

The smaller sites would see that they were the ones that were missing out.

My two-penn'orth.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

It's the best answer I can give. It is not my place to decide or speculate on these matters. Whose to say that things aren't going on behind the scenes to either enable such an enterprise, or indeed prevent it. I'm sure that no organisation which wanted to work with CAG would be turned away without good reason. As far as I know there is no reason not to work with RUC. If the others want to as well I'm sure they know where to find us.;)

Guest littlesally

Mmmmmm I wonder which sites may have a problem and why, lets click on the links and see ............

Oh, well fancy that. Seems the link doesn't work for some reason on one of them. Anyone know why?????!!!!

Probably need to sort that out before talking about all being friends,

Sally x

If that situation could be achieved, then it could not happen overnight.

Also, any attempt to get everybody together at the same time would be doomed to failure.

The only way, that I can see, would be to get two or three of the most prominent sites working together then add the others as and when they realised that they were being left behind by not joining the group.

The smaller sites would see that they were the ones that were missing out.

My two-penn'orth.

Thanks Rooster, but IMO some of the smaller sites are actually leading the way in certain areas and are actually leaving the bigger sites behind. Biggest is not always best. There is so much expertise out there now that should really be made available somehow to every claimer using every site who needs that tyoe of expertise.

I made a suggestion earlier about arranging a meeting between all the sites owners and nominated representatives. This could initially be an online meeting using some form of online conferencing system. There would be no need initially to all meet up physically. Surely it has got to be worth trying to do something along these lines, at least to determine if there is any possibility of some form of Consumer Co-Op.

Budgie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks