Question about a CCA to NDR re littlewoods cat debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest forgottenone

Mmm, you mean like kinda like Robin Hood ... which I'd probably have been or one of his loveable, 'rassscally' rogue(ish) sidekicks if I had lived back then ... arrows? That kind of thing? :D

Regretably, closest I have come is missing out - due to the production folding suddenly - on a main role in the musical Blondel. Does that show my age?? lol

PS Fancied learning a spot of archery. ;) ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it does show your age forgottenone, as I have no idea what a Blondel is, lol.

I did archery last year, and it is a lot of fun.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Guest forgottenone

Yeah, been fancying cross bow, that kind of thing. Trouble is I have moved away from the country(fied) area I was in to a different one where ... well ... not much call for that round here. :D

Blondel ... was a roving minstrel born in the time of King Richard ... and was associated with assisting in the Crusades but also the downful of King John's failed attempt to abidicate Richard whilst he was busy elsewhere ...

as to the musical ... initially starred Paul Nicholas, Stephen Yardley - yes, THAT one from Howards Way - opened in the West End 1983 ... penned by Mssrs Tim Rice and now deceased composer Stephen Oliver. Oh, also featured the singing group 'Cantabile' ... yes, musicals *well some modern ones* are amongst the assorted files in my memory ... cluttering up the place. ;)

But, yes, archery ... where I used to live it was, well, almost every street corner had one. :D

Guest forgottenone

Right, well Big Brother is on ... okay, only watch the update show ... mostly ... :D Possibly be back later.

Yeah, been fancying cross bow, that kind of thing. Trouble is I have moved away from the country(fied) area I was in to a different one where ... well ... not much call for that round here. :D

Blondel ... was a roving minstrel born in the time of King Richard ... and was associated with assisting in the Crusades but also the downful of King John's failed attempt to abidicate Richard whilst he was busy elsewhere ...And you knew him personally, forgottenone?

as to the musical ... initially starred Paul Nicholas, Stephen Yardley - yes, THAT one from Howards Way - opened in the West End 1983 ... penned by Mssrs Tim Rice and now deceased composer Stephen Oliver. Oh, also featured the singing group 'Cantabile' ... yes, musicals *well some modern ones* are amongst the assorted files in my memory ... cluttering up the place. ;)

But, yes, archery ... where I used to live it was, well, almost every street corner had one. :D

Berrylover is now hiding, lol:D

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

If it is a job requirement for DCA workers to have been the school bully in their formative years? Also do they have any friends, or are these the people who lurk in pubs on their own, giving everyone the evil eye?

You don't necessarily have to have been a bully at school, but you do have to be thick skinned and ruthless. These are the people who like it and stay. I'm sure there are plenty though who just chance upon an employment opportunity and then don't stick it out. I'd be interested to know what their staff turnovers are like.

I reckon, though, that there is an element of their staff who get a peverse pleasure out of being dominant. Maybe its because other areas of their lives are lacking, who knows.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Guest forgottenone

Yes, actually ... Richard was kind of like the new kid on my block ... lived in a garret, no heating ... windows ... got really cold in the winter ... no microwave, but a central roasting spit ... open etc ... never had any furniture ... unless made of wood ... and he had like this mate who wanted to wear the crown when he grew up, you know usual teen angst stuff? :D

:Droflmao:D

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Guest forgottenone

Yeah, and we all had really fast, really groovy horse n carts ... do 9 miles an hour in the forest tracks, where we kept our stash of elderberry wine ... he always had the naff wooden dobbin 'pretend' one on rockers ... :D

I'm sure there are plenty though who just chance upon an employment opportunity and then don't stick it out. I'd be interested to know what their staff turnovers are like.

I used to work for a major finance house, (not in default, quickly raising shield against incoming arrows), most collection departments, it's a revolving door.

David

PS There are those that stick it out not because they like it but because with the staff turnover, its a fast track to promotion, a higher grade and then you transfer the hell out of there.

If it is a job requirement for DCA workers to have been the school bully in their formative years?

It struck me as a bit strange you've made the assumption the 'phone monkeys at DCA's have even been to school.

These 'Contact Centres' are usually set up in areas of traditionally high unemployment where the workforce (or human resource pool) is highly fluid, and businesses can get grants and tax breaks to set up and employ a number of people. Jobcentres will often push desperate people in the direction of these places, and in the case of DCA's, all you need is someone who has the ability to understand and speak reasonably good english, and read/input information on a 'dumb' terminal.

Qualifications, experience, an IQ in double figures, or even basic good manners are not needed, and some would argue actually discouraged, because anyone with the intelligence to realise what part these places play in the economy or social structure of a 'civilised' society would very quickly realise they are part of the overall problem, and contribute absolutely nothing toward a solution. They're just unthinking drones, but you'd have to be to do the job in the first place.

:cool:

• Haha 1

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

if debt collecors are so abusive with people on the end of the phone what the hell are they like with their families and friends ok ignore the last one anyone with the mentality to be a DC cant have any friends but i feel sorry for their poor families

J

:)life is what you make of it!

:)

Guest forgottenone

Dunno about DCA's IQs but my intellect is pretty much swiss cheese, about to turn to mushy peas. Do I hate these people? :D

I am thinking of asking the next one their date of birth, postcode and cat's brother's dog's budgie's maiden name. I am also going to ask them if there is a special DCA school to teach them how to be rude and obnoxious.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Do I need to send a second letter. And if so what should I say? Thanks y'all.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

Nope, wait for the further calander month and if they continue to demand payment without compliance then file a report with TS as they are chasing an unsubstantiated debt.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

cheers

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

• 2 weeks later...

That I can half-inch please?

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

DCA: Non-Compliance of CCA Request - Consumer Wiki

but delete the 30 days bit

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks my little scottish pal.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow