Working Tax Credit overpayment

basmic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Basically I was working last year for just over 2.5 months, and I was in receipt of WTC during that time.

When I finished work, WTC never had enough notice to stop the following week's WTC payment going to my bank account. So that was taken out of four week run-on, and I got the WTC run-on cheque minus the £46 overpayment - which I was fine with, because I knew what had happened.

From then on I thought everything was rosey, until I got a letter last week, asking me to confirm some details - which I did.

Now today, I am told I owe them just over £46. I am not currently working, and this is a severe dent in my pocket right now. :eek::mad:

I phoned WTC up (thanks SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers) and I explained myself to the kind chap. At first he couldn't see my run-on had been paid, which made me think that's why they think I owe them this money. But then he found it, and pretty much said "say what you've said on this dispute form, and in all honesty I think you'll get it written off".

Obviously I can't take him at his word, because he never promised. But I think he's seen they've not realised the overpayment was taken out of my four week run on.

Anybody got any tips on how to get this sorted out?

Do as the chap suggested and put it all on a dispute form. If you can, send copies of notices/bank statements showing the payments made.

If you need help filling in the form, you could try Citizen's Advice, but they're actually pretty straightforward. Make sure you do it straight away though, as there are time limits to dispute an overpayment.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks