Gothia - Red Castle Recoveries

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3731 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

A freind of mine has received a letter from this company who apparently are based in Worthless.

I've seen their letter which states in bold ink "notice of home visit". It then goes on to say a lot of maybe's.

I've had a quick look and found very little about Gothia/Red Castle on these threads. Are they new or a renamed ******?

The debt they are chasing is ancient and is addressed to my mate at an old address in her maiden name so we know they are chasing rainbows.

At the moment she intends ignoring them but any advice on how to put the **** to flight would be welcome.

from their website

News

2008-03-31

Gothia Financial Group ASA acquires Aktiv Kapital ASA’s AFS-business in

Gothia Financial Group ASA have entered into an agreement to acquire Aktiv Kapital ASA’s Nordic AFS-business (Administrative and Financial Services).

trans.gif2007-05-01

Change of name

Red Castle Recoveries changes name to Gothia

if this is any use :)

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

The website says they have 50 staff - 40 of which are "concentrating" on collections. No chance of one of them visiting this area then. We're about as far as you can get from the south coast.

They may use agents all around the country Nail....

Might also be worth sending them this...

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully/sincerely

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Gothia? These names just get more bizarre by the second. If they are as useless as Aktiv Kapital, your friend won't be losing any sleep. I sent one letter to Aktiv Kapital telling them to bog off and they did -without another word! Pillocks.

They haven't phoned, they don't have the new address., they don't even have her new name (surname at least). The account they are chasing was opening in 1985 and closed in 1988. I'll bet some of the Gothia collectors weren't even born then.

With a name like Gothia I bet they only work nights, and the lead collector is called Count Alucard

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Hi

I Just got a letter from Red Castle today chasing a debt from 1993!! Forwarded on to me from my old address of 15 years ago...

Makes you wonder how dodgy this bunch is

My mate has been thinking about the letter all day. These bunch of cowboys are trying to recover an alleged debt from a storecard which she had way back.

No information has been provided as to how its calculated of course.

She reckons she was shopping in the store when her first baby was just a few weeks old - he is now 26 - and was approached by an assistant offering credit there and then. She didn't sign in the shop but applied later after thinking about it. She used the card for a while paying it off outright when the bill arrived. The card was renewed but not used after 1987! How and why they are chasing a relatively small debt now is beyond her - and me!

She is torn between ignoring them and sending them a [edited] note.

Edited by jonni2bad
  • 3 weeks later...

Nailpost,, all I can say is CCA em!.. Ive just had a letter off these too,, for my mrs,,, for a debt that it already being handled by Iqor!! lol,,, I dunno which one to go for!!!! lol

Red Castle were ignored them and a letter sent to the original creditor instead. After a bit of prompting they confirmed the account was indeed closed in 1988 but there was a very small amount left owing - about £6. This apparently festered with interest and they sold it onto a debt collector in 1993. Why Red/Gothia are collecting now they have no idea but they are whistling in the wind!

Its like rats after a scrap of meat round the back of the chinky innit??

what did you send to the OC? if you dont me askin,,, Im still thinkin who to point the gun at,,, Gothia or Iqor,, lol

I'm currently dealing with the pondlife that are Gothia/Red Castle and have all sorts of threatograms from them. I'm on a DMP with CCCS and one of my creditors has passed the arrears to this ****. I've been writing to Red Castle/Gothia for the last 3 months to tell them that my arrears are covered in my payments to the original creditor therefore they can sod off! Had a letter from them yesterday telling me that they are sending a door step collector (bring it on I say!) and all sorts of other garbage! They've ignored every letter that I have sent them even though I've sent them all recorded delivery!

I even spoke to one of their people on the phone the other day - she sounded about 5 years old and had real attitude!

The original creditor was sent a rather short letter asking them wtf was going on! They were reminded as no notice of assignment had been received (nothing had been received!!) it was assumed Red were working on their behalf. They were remined of their obligations to monitor the actions of their agents for which they are responsible. The letter ended with a request for their opinion of Red's letter which referred to previous contact attempts and to send their complaints procedure. They took a bit of prompting - a call to their media relations office from a journo friend of ours helped things along a bit - and they responded with a letter confirming what was already known - that the matter was ancient, unenforceable and more than likely their mistake. Red have yet to confirm anything.

I don't think you'll get much out of Red Castle. As I say, I've been trying to deal with them for at least 3 months. They've not even responded to my complaints. I also wrote to the original creditor as my arrears should stay with them and be covered under my DMP. They did respond to my complaint but the festering pond life that are Red just constantly hassle and choose to ignore every letter. I now just ignore them and await their next move - doorstep collector I should imagine. Oh well, it costs them money to send someone round and waste their time calling me 12 times a day for nothing!

Sammy...

you say you wrote to them with recorded delivery,,, if you can prove that they have ignored your correspondence then they are in clear breach of OFT regulations. May be worth letting them know that?

And as for the doorstep collector... Im sure you know what to wirte to them there eh?

Nailpost,,, i'd still try and screw em over if I was you,,,in any way you can! Like I said,, They're like rats after the bin bag!!!! Need f*kin shootin!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Request to have your telephone number removed from there system and only have contact in writing here is the template of harassment by telephone they are breaking the law if they continue, i just phoned them up along with a couple of other debt collection agents told them all the same thing that they would be in breach of certain acts and everyone of them removed my telephone number from there system :) and thats without sending the letter

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

© Reclaim the Right Ltd.

• 1 year later...

i took out a car on finance a few years back through british credit trust, i got completely ripped off and was informed from the garage i bought the car off that after 6 months i could reduce my monthly payments down. i later found out this was not possible. i was very silly to buy this car with such a high interest amount and it was a decision i regret majorly. after a few months i was made redundant and fell behind on payments, i had family problems and had to get my own place, so i couldn't afford rent and my car, so i gave it back. it sold straight away at auction and someone else now has the car. however i still owe £3883 for it, the debt has been passed on to redcastle/gothia, which ever one it is! and they hassle me all the time, i set up payments to make £20 a month but to be honest i am hating the fact i am paying when i dont even have the car anymore. they haven't lost out in any way by me giving the car back but they still want the money that was outstanding, i have already asked for a copy of the agreement which they sent to me, but it was before 6th April 2007. i have seen something on another forum saying if the agreement was signed before this date it may be an invalid agreement, but i am sure the agreement was pretty much all in order. i cant even afford £20 a month to be honest to go on this dead debt, i rung them today as they keep ringing me every day but it only ever rings once and they hang up. i rung today to tell them in future from now on to write to me, which they said they would do. the reason they keep ringing is i keep canceling the direct debit to them as i don't want to pay it let alone i cant actually afford to. do any of you know any way around this at all or any way you think i may be able to get out of it? this has badly affected my credit file, and owing nearly £4000 for a car i don't have is a joke. the maximum at present i have left to pay a month for this debt is £20, so it is going to take me over 20 years to pay it off. i just want it to be gone it is a hindrance and worry that i don't want or need. does anyone know what i can do or have any advice? they have warned me if i do not pay soon they will stop accepting a payment plan and will need the full balance, and if i ignore this it will go to court?? can anyone help?

• 5 months later...

I had a call from this company today and previously, they said I took out a loan which I no I never done and have asked for them to send me a copy of the credit agreement for which I have signed, I also asked for this some months ago and to date they have not provided me with it, also they said the credit agreement does not have my written signature on it but an electronic one, I mean anyone can type this up, surely its not enforceable !!!