Help! Urgent advice required on the need for N244

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys - hope someone here can help me.

I have recently received papers telling me that HFO are taking m to Court for a debt to CitiCard which they have never proved ownership of - see link to my own thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/147147-being-taken-court-hfo.html

When I filed my Defence (on 26th June) saying that I needed further information to properly prepare my Defence (Notice of Assignment, Default Notice, proof of their charges etc) and asking the Court to ask them to provide it, I was also advised to send in an N244 at the same time. Unfortunately, I could not afford to do that until today as I did not have the £75.00 needed until pay day. So I was planning to go and send it to the Court today, but over the past few days here have read various other posts saying the N244 is not needed at this stage.

Please can someone clarify this for me. I am only temping - no spare money really. I have the £75.00 now if I really need to do it today. I sent a CPR to HFO asking for the information, but they wrote back to me refusing to provide it without a Court Order telling them to :rolleyes:

Also - as I am a homeowner they are threatening a Charging Order. Am I right in assuming they cannot go for one of these until I have a CCJ against me and have missed a payment? Or has the law recently changed on this? Can they now ask for an Interim Charging Order immediately without asking for payment first? I am with PayPlan for my other creditors -they contacted HFO with a pro-rata offer but it was refused because it was not enough :rolleyes:Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Rosie

Please see my post on your other thread.

Doc

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Hi Rosie

As you are aware I went with the N244 direction (swayed by IGNM,s arguments for), I think the one thing it will do is force them to send you some of the info you requested in your CPR18 request and the chance to have a hearing to get the case struck out.

What I received was CCA/ application form ( enforceable, not sure ), Notice of assignment ( which I believe is fake ) and some of my last statements.No copy of default notice.

What you will then find when they send you this info, is again the offer to phone them to resolve without litigation, whether it is because they do not want to go to court I don,t know, but it is stated In the Civil Procedure Rules parties should make every effort to settle their case before the hearing, but personally I do not want to negotiate and will see what happens in court.If my CCA is enforcable and I really don,t know as it is poor quality I have still got other things to try and defend with, only the future will provide the answers.

All the best again

Broken arrow

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

BA, Rosie,

can you keep us updated with how you go on with the N244 applications.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request