HELP!! fobed off.

MRWHAM

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i sent a SAR 2 months ago and never heard nothing, so i posted a thread and was advised to call the compliance dept. this i did next day only to be put on hold and transfered to a bank in somerset? :???: the lady that answered did not no what i was talking about obviously, i did not no i was thru to somerset as i thought i was still with compliance dept. when i did finaly work it out she could not help. what should i do next as im getting very frustated.:evil:

many thanks stephen.

You may need to play hard ball now.

Did you send off the SAR recorded delivery ?

Did you send it to the correct address (Andover, as below)?

Do you have proof of posting ?

Did you send the £10 to cover the cost? Has the cheque been cashed ?

If you answer yes to the above, then you may need to threaten to pursue getting the information through the courts.

Chances are, if you send the letter below they may then realise you mean business, and also realise that not complying now or being obstructive will just end up costing them more money.

Send the letter below, but only if you really are prepared if necessary to file at court for a claim for non compliance (similar procedure as a claim for charges).

In the meantime, do a search of the forums for people in similar situations, and get some idea of what to put in your court papers should you need to take that route.

Post this recorded delivery (and get proof of posting) to :

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

DSAR Team

Customer services

Recovery centre

Charlton place C57

Andover

Hampshire

SP10 1RE

Date: xx/xx/xx.

Name

Address

Address

Address

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Account numbers: xxxxxxx, & xxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have still not received either any information or a satisfactory reply in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated xx/xx/xxxx relating to the above accounts held with yourselves (at which time I also enclosed the statutory £10 fee to cover such request). 

I am still awaiting:

1/Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization relating to the above accounts, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

2/Copies of all financial statements relating to the above accounts for the whole period that such accounts were held with yourselves.

Indeed NO statements for any of the above accounts have ever been received by myself in response to my request.

3/Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information relating to the above accounts. 
Including copies of any letters sent to myself or any third party, any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

4/Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial information, or which pertains to me.

5/Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, I require information as to the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. 
Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the actual dates and methods of destruction of this data.

6/Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

7/Where there has been any event in my account history which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Also, where any of the information requested relates to information that is older than 6 years, you are still required under the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 to provide it to me.

The DPA clearly states that all information held must be disclosed and it has no correlation to the Limitation act 1980 at all.

If any of the information requested is not readily accessible or requires a longer period to recover, then in the meantime please provide me with all such information that is more readily accessible, and an explanation and estimated reasonable time-scale as to when I can expect the remainder. 

You may not use the inability to provide some of the information requested as a valid reason to withhold any or all of the remainder of information that is more readily accessible.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for your compliance with my request has now expired.

If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 7 days of receipt of this letter, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, along with an application for costs and damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours faithfully

Your name

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Also,

see this thread regards contact details.

Perhaps cc your letter there too:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/236-lloydstsb-contact-details.html

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !