Being chased by 1st credit and do statue barred laws also apply in Northern Ireland?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, got a letter today from the OFT today (that was fast!) asking for my permission to add my complaint to their files on 1st Credit, hurrah! :)Of course I gave the OFT my permission and sent it back to them :).

Lets hope they get enough complaints soon so they can go slap the t**ts :)

Gah, another letter from 1st credit today (although not the "yes, we know the debt is statue barred and we will not pursue it any further").

Instead I get a letter from their "Debt help team". It mentions things like

"Our department has been asked to contact you and make every effort to reach an agreement to clear the above debt.

[...]

If you are considering re-mortgaging your property or taking out a loan to clear your debts please advise us.

Our debt help officers have been given full authority to discuss your account to resolve your outstanding liability.

If we do not receive a reply to this letter within 14 days, then we will assume that you have no wish to deal with this matter.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter"

Dearie me, why don't they just take the time to read my letter that says its statue barred and give up :rolleyes:.

Edited by darkpants
typo's

Write them a nice short but firm letter reminding them about requesting payment, chasing alleged debts when they have been notified that the alleged account is statute barred. Attach a copy of your original SB letter and give them 14 days in which to prove it isn't or you will report them to Trading Standards, OFT, CSA and any other authorities you see fit ;)

Heh, I dont think theres any need. I've had some feedback to my previous complaint to TS/OFT today and in my discussion with them I mentioned they have been writing to me again.

I can only stress the importance of complaining to TS and the OFT about 1st Crudit. The more people that do the quicker something gets done. Already they are being watched, but it would be great if more people complain if they are being hassled by 1st Crudit :)

Heh, I dont think theres any need. I've had some feedback to my previous complaint to TS/OFT today and in my discussion with them I mentioned they have been writing to me again.

I can only stress the importance of complaining to TS and the OFT about 1st Crudit. The more people that do the quicker something gets done. Already they are being watched, but it would be great if more people complain if they are being hassled by 1st Crudit :)

We're watching them and we have info. from elsewhere ;)

Think I will do a Freedom of Information Act request on 1st Credit and just see how many Complaints etc have been made hmmm me thinks it would be very high.

Got the Info on MH and Moorcroft and RW so why not Ist Credit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/147420-ts-response-mac-hall.html

Im learning more every day :)

Norn Irn residents should be aware that only solicitors registered in Norn Irn are permited to act in Norn Irn.

Norn Irn is a separate jurisdiction from England/Wales and Scotland.

Norn Irn has a separate judiciary, legal system and operates under Norn Irn County Court Rules, NOT the Civil Procedure Rules of England/Wales.

We dont have bailiffs (they were all shot in the 1970s)

From what I can gather LCS "Solictors" work at desk down a bit from the threat monkeys at 1st Crappit

I think some people have tried to report LCS Solictors to the law society without much success as they just seem to be another branch of 1st Crappit and nothing else?

It shows the stupidity of our pals in Reigate using so called solicitors LCS. They obviously have not realised you live in NI or else they would have used their tame NI solicitors.

Now come on ODC, words with 4 sylables when describing 1st crud isn't sporting ;)

Ah, but using their mates near Grosvenor Road would involve them in expense, whilst LCS are simply a different Worst Cretins letterhead.

At least their Belfast firm appear to be real Solicitors Allegedly