Can you submit your own DMP to creditors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone tell me why a debtor cannot submit a debt management plan to the creditors with a supporting letter to cut out the costs of the IVA companies and legal fees and administration costs and anything else.....

Is it possible that someone with an ounce of intelligence could start the debt management plan on their own with involving a third party?

Please no comments about intelligent people wouldn't get into financial difficulties!!

yes it is possible to do it yourself, I agree why pay someone for something you can do yourself.

The first time I did it I downloaded information from National Debt Line.

I hope this helps

A lot of people on the forums have at one time or another had a DMP with either National Debtline or CCCS and then once they have them up and running or start to challenge the DCAs, they take them over themselves. If you have a lot of debt with different companies then you will need to be very disciplined as it does involve a lot of work. But there shouldnt be any problems with managing your own. :)

I think you will also find that most if not all of the people on here are pretty clued up and yes... intelligent, probably why there are so many success stories. Good luck :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, you can - however both CCCS and Payplan do it at no cost. They also have the advantage that banks are apparenlty more likely to listen to them.

I weighed up the various alternatives (paid, self, CCCS), and decided to go the CCCS route. I'm happy with my decision, but it's early days.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I started my dmp with Gregory Pennington and had to pay for the pleasure, I contacted payplan and cccs though as soon as I found CAG and understood that the process was easy and I was confident in doing it myself I cut out the middle man and gave it a go. I've not looked back since and only have another £100 next month and I'm all done, that doesn't include my current situation with Argos and Halifax loans but I'll cross that bridge if I get to it.

Use the excel budget planner and relevant template letters from CAG (I can upload if you can't find) and off you go - that's all I did.

Good luck

I love CAG!