BankFodder BankFodder

splashin

Due in Court Monday 14/07/08

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4287 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If anyone can offer any advice it will be appriciated. My sister is due in court on Monday for the start of repossesion. If we pay off arrears in full tomorrow will we still have to go to court?

SPLASHIN ;)

Top Link Checkout

Taxcreditoverpayment@blueyonder.co.uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there,

If you pay off all the arrears before the hearing the lender cannot get possession of the property. However, they may tell you that you don't need to attend the hearing and that they will cancel it - in most cases they don't cancel! they still turn up and ask the judge for an adjournment with leave to restore - which means that if at any time in the future you get into arrears they can "fast-track" the possession hearing. So even if they tell your sister she doesn't need to attend, she should ring the court the day before and ask if it has been cancelled, if it hasn't she needs to attend and tell the judge there are no arrears, therefore case should be dismissed.

Who is the mortgage company?

Has your sister sent back any defence forms to the court?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.