help disabled badges pcn ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya just thought i,d ask if any one could help or point me in the right way to go from here on ... here goes

was parked in a bcc carpark with disabled badges showing plus the tax disc is showing disabled too and the car is registered disabled as well.

there was no disabled bays freee so parked in normal bay .so came back to a ticket open it up and it said 83 parked in a pay and display car park without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket which i didnt think applyed to me as was displaying badges.

so sent off letter explaining i had disabled badges and were displayed too

also sent off pictures of badges on car and badges and badge numbers too . so waited and heard nothing off them so thought it been squashed

untill last week got a letter off equita saying they coming to collect this week .

rang bcc they said nothing they can do as been passed on to equita and that i should ring them . so rang them explained my case to them and all they said was i should contact the bcc transport office .but also said that him would be out this week to remove stuff from my moms house ( i still live with my mom at moment ) or they want paying £354 ( which i dont have as i on income suport and sick at the moment .

so at the moment scared outta me wits bout it and dont know what to do

and have some questions could some one give me some advice on please

1. i live with my mother and she is worried sick about them coming as she thinks they will be taking her stuff outta the house (all the stuff in the house is my moms the only thing there tahts mine is my clothes .so where does my mother stand about letting them in and telling them about her stuff

2. the fine is £143 at the moment which i dont have monie to pay it any ways but i have offered to pay off in installments but no one wants to accept them any ways (i dont really want to pay it off as i think i,m in the right as i dont think i should have gotten the ticket but if it comes to it will pay it ...

thanks for looking n e help would be helpfull

jay

Guest wino

Hi badboyz777 and welcome to cag :)

I have just quickly read through a couple of other threads like yours and they are all saying the same. If you park in a pay and display place you must pay unless the signage states otherwise. Some carparks let blue badge holders park there for a limited amount of time free of charge, but this does vary carpark to carpark so you should always check the signs.

The bailiffs cannot access your mums home unless she lets them in. They cannot take anything that belongs to her. I don't think they can clamp the car neither if it is registered as disabled someone else will need to confirm this.

Edited by wino
Because I've got dyslexic fingers.

• 2 weeks later...

hiya thanks for the advice .. still got problem with them

still havent paid them (its not a case of i have the dough i would pay it if i could but i,m on the sick )

rang them to ask and offer weekly paymenty but they refused saying that they wanted the fee in full and they dont accept weekly payments

and have said they will take the car. help i dont know what to do and my mothers in bits over it

Edited by badboyz777
added more info

Did you ever receive any correspondance after you wrote in with your representations? You should have received a NTO (notice to owner) which would have listed your options to appeal and if you had failed to respond to this then the authority would have sent out a charge certificate. If you have not received these documents then you will need to file a statutory declaration at the TEC Northampton. This link (I hope the mods won't remove it) should assist you in the process you will need to follow.

[COMMERCIAL LINK REMOVED]

The above will apply if it was a local authority issued PCN. If it was issued by a private company then it is a very differnt ball game!

PS I see the Mods have seen fit to remove a link that would have been very useful for the OP. Such is life!

Edited by Rob S

Is bcc a private company or running it on behalf of the council? If it is a private car park and private company chasing you then just stop worrying and let them shout all they like because they can't actually do anything about taking any of your stuff or car without going to court (which they most likely won't do).

oh sorry bcc = bham city council

Surely disabled people can park in able bodied parking spaces if the disabled spaces are used, free of charge as long as the badge is dispalyed? Presuming this is a council run car park . G & M ??

Surely disabled people can park in able bodied parking spaces if the disabled spaces are used, free of charge as long as the badge is dispalyed? Presuming this is a council run car park . G & M ??

No not unless its allowed by the Council in question. Before you go on about how harsh it is if car parks got full of BB drivers (who can park on street free) where are able bodied drivers going to park? BB drivers are not also paupers just unable to walk long distances so paying is not unreasonable. If a BB holder needs to park surely it makes sense to park on street close to where they are going than in a car park.

BB drivers are not also paupers just unable to walk long distances so paying is not unreasonable.

That's an interesting point G&M. So why are disabled bays always free to park in then instead of just being conveniently placed to shop entrances etc with a ticket machine also conveniently close? This will mean they can park as close to where they need to be a possible, but can also pay the same charge as the rest of us using the pay machine situated right next to their bays. :)

That's an interesting point G&M. So why are disabled bays always free to park in then instead of just being conveniently placed to shop entrances etc with a ticket machine also conveniently close? This will mean they can park as close to where they need to be a possible, but can also pay the same charge as the rest of us using the pay machine situated right next to their bays. :)

Probably just the way its worded but not got a clue what you are on about??