• Tweets

• Small update, just had a text from zinc, saying they have a letter for me and a link. Not going to open it, won’t be responding but I guess they’re trying to save money on sending me a physical letter?!? 
    • Why not? have they sent anything to prove it yet?
    • OK - in a nutshell...   Customer has a leak in the wall behind the shower in their en-suite bathroom which has leaked into another bedroom and they claim on their buildings insurance. We go in and inspect and quote for the repairs - this quote is forwarded, by the customer, to the insurance company who authorise them to go ahead with that quote. When we arrive, the customer says that they want the rest of the bathroom tiled to match - we agree and quote £800.00 for the extra tiling. The design for the tiling is varied, by the customer, to include two vertical mosaic stripes (the mosaic tiles being £12.50 each, plus a considerable increase in labour) - we point out that this will blow the materials budget - screaming ensues... we absorb the cost. The customer purchases a new bathroom suite which they expect us to install as part of the £800.00 that we quoted for the tiling alone - when this pointed out, screaming ensues... we absorb the cost. We complete the insurance repairs to both the bathroom and the bedroom on the other side of the wall. The customer says that they are happy with the insurance repairs, inform the insurance company of the fact and receive the final insurance payment. Some snagging is required on the extras - one of our guys goes in to sort out the odd bits. Customer freaks out because only one person has turned up to do the snagging - tells the man on site to take his tools and go. Customer will now not release the insurance money because the snagging has not been completed and claims that we're in breach of contract.   The insurance money HAS been paid to the customer - they signed off that the insurance based repairs were complete and satisfactory. It's the customer that's holding on to the money. The property is a ground floor flat - so it's leasehold.   I was pointing out that she's European - not any particular "ethnic background"...  
    • Referencing the Particulars of the Claim: 1. The claimant claims the sum of £2300 for an outstanding debt owed. 2. On 01/04/2012 the defendant entered into an agreement with Lloyd bank plc for an overdraft account under the reference X. 3. On 01/04/2016 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £2300. 4. On 01/06/2017 the debt of £2300 was assigned to PRA Group UK LTD. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with s136 law of property act 1925. 5. Payments of £20 were received up to 01/03/2019 and adjustments have been made in the sum of £3.   For 'Particular number 2', i see a lot of other people saying this like 'Paragraph 2 is denied. I do not recall having this account'. I obviously cannot put that, what would i put?
  • Our picks

Sozzals

Dutch Debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4090 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Edited by Sozzals

Firstly, try not to worry too much about this.

The first step is not to talk to them on the phone; keep everything in writing.

They say they won't accept instalments - but have they said what they'll do if he didn't pay by 30 June? There is very little the Dutch bank can do. The very worst thing that can happen is a CCJ - and a court would only order affordable repayments.

The collection of consumer debt in the UK requires a Consumer Credit Licence issued by the Office of Fair Trading. You may need to remind the bank that whilst your partner is resident in NI, UK law applies.

I suspect this will get passed to a UK based DCA, which will, ironically, make it easier to deal with.

Mainland-based DCAs are usually ignorant of the NI Courts system, and the new Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations mean that many will trap themselves if they use their standard letters and threaten action that cannot be taken or miss out facts (for example, threatening bailiffs when there is no such thing in NI).

Wait and see what their next letter says, and then we can help you with a response.

• Haha 1

Edited by Sozzals