• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Eve V GE Money PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello fellow reclaimers,

I am just starting out in the process to recover the PPI on my previous Dorothy Perkins Store Card.

Sent first letter stating i believe i was mis-sold .....

Received prompt reply stating that they believed the policy was sold correctly, the FSA'a regulations are irrelevant as it was purchased pre Jan 2005 and that i have no evidence of mis-selling.

And so...

I have started my reply, stating that i am fully aware of the FSA's ruling and that there was still a code of practice in place pre 2005, of which i believe the rules to this were not upheld by the sales advisor in store. (Not asked about pre-conditions, not told cover was optional, etc etc)

Now i have writers block,

They are giving it the usual..

You signed for the box for the PPI (was just told to tick the boxes with the crosses)

I had the 30 day cooling off period to cancel/complain.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I hear GE are real fighters! :(

Many Thanks!

Hello fellow reclaimers,

I am just starting out in the process to recover the PPI on my previous Dorothy Perkins Store Card.

Sent first letter stating i believe i was mis-sold .....

Received prompt reply stating that they believed the policy was sold correctly, the FSA'a regulations are irrelevant as it was purchased pre Jan 2005 and that i have no evidence of mis-selling.

And so...

I have started my reply, stating that i am fully aware of the FSA's ruling and that there was still a code of practice in place pre 2005, of which i believe the rules to this were not upheld by the sales advisor in store. (Not asked about pre-conditions, not told cover was optional, etc etc)

Now i have writers block,

They are giving it the usual..

You signed for the box for the PPI (was just told to tick the boxes with the crosses)

I had the 30 day cooling off period to cancel/complain.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I hear GE are real fighters! :(

Many Thanks!

Be prepared for a tough fight love. I've got a thread on here for my wifes debenhams card. If you read that you will be able to see that they are under the impression they can do and say what they want.

Good Luck.

This is a copy of the letter i sent to GE:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Dorothy Perkins Account number: ***** *** **** ****

I am writing in relation to the Payment Protection (PPI) Policy on the above account which I purchased from you in November 2002 but now believe that I was mis-sold this policy for the following reasons:

This is due to the fact that I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as

• Your salesperson did not tell me that the policy was optional

• I was only provided with information of the store card with PPI attached.

• I was not asked whether I already had any existing insurance or employer benefits that would cover my repayments.

• Your salesperson did not give me full information on what the policy would and would not cover.

• I am concerned the sales assistant that sold me the policy has no financial background and the policy was not sold in my best interests.

This is also due to the fact that you have previously been fined by the Financial Services Authority for failing to have adequate systems and controls for selling Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) and for failing to treat its customers fairlyand I believe that this is the case with my policy.

Unless you can satisfactorily justify to me that the policy was fair and reasonable I am requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

OK

Your best bet is to see if they have a credit agreement, I found they had none for my wife, that and her medical condition gave us a full refund.

If they have no credit agreement they cannot prove if you asked or agreed to the PPi

can you post it on here please?

The chances are they will not have a copy of the agreement, if they have not sent you a copy i very much doubt they have one.

Check your copy and see if there is a box on it to say you asked for PPI, if there is then write again to GE or ring them and ask for a copy of the credit agreement, do not tell them you have one, if they cannot provide one then they have no evidence that you agreed to the PPI perfect grounds for a full refund so write again when they admit they don't have one stating this, if there is no box ticked for PPi then write and send them a copy of your agreement and ask for refund because you never agreed to it.

Hope this makes sense

Edited by adamski

There is no box to select. just the part which states 'sign here if you require ppi' which the sales advisor did not mention during the sale and then at the end asked me to sign at the crosses (which stupidly i did without thinkin, as i was not told it was optionl)

Will scan and post a copy on here as soon as i can.

OK

Your best bet is to see if they have a credit agreement, I found they had none for my wife, that and her medical condition gave us a full refund.

If they have no credit agreement they cannot prove if you asked or agreed to the PPi

Not hijacking the thread but I was sent the CCA which showed no PPI yet they still won't pay out.

Not hijacking the thread but I was sent the CCA which showed no PPI yet they still won't pay out.

Then you should take them to court, if not themn write again and ask them to explain in detail why they wont refund when you have not agreed to it.

Edited by adamski

Then you should take them to court, if not themn write again and ask them to explain in detail why they wont refund when you have not agreed to it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/144780-cca-debs-card-shows.html

Unfortunately they didn't keel over as you expected adamski so unfortunatel I'm going to have to go down the court route.

seriously even if they have sent you a final response keep going i did and i am getting a full refund plus interest.

No problem I will. Did you at any stage receive the 'You asked for it over the phone' reply or did they pay up before that stage?

No the agreement was signed and PPI box ticked.

My grounds were pre exsisting medical condition not explained, GE Money refunded on a store card for this reason but GE Home Lending would not refund on a secured loan PPi,

So i sent them a copy of the letter from GE Money saying that they were wrong to sell the policy to us, this after GE Home Lendings Final Response and they wrote back and offered me a full refund plus interest if i gave them documentary evidence of when the condition was first diagnoised, I had already sent them evidence that my wife had the condition but not when it was diagnosed which was 18 years ago so I expect a full refund any day now.

Persistence does pay off.