ARC dudes - Egg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In early 2006 I received rather threatening phone calls from the lovely people at ARC demanding repayment of an Egg loan I had secured a few years earlier. I agreed with ARC a repayment schedule and since March 2006 I have been paying back a tidy sum each month. I'm wondering now, after reading the success some people have been having with DCAs, is there a way I can get these morons off my case?? Is writing to them and asking for a CCA the way to go after almost 2 1/2 years of repaying? Many thanks for your comments.

In early 2006 I received rather threatening phone calls from the lovely people at ARC demanding repayment of an Egg loan I had secured a few years earlier. I agreed with ARC a repayment schedule and since March 2006 I have been paying back a tidy sum each month. I'm wondering now, after reading the success some people have been having with DCAs, is there a way I can get these morons off my case?? Is writing to them and asking for a CCA the way to go after almost 2 1/2 years of repaying? Many thanks for your comments.

YES :D

JOgs

Should I cease payments until they're able to provide me with the agreement? I presume I should include in the letter that I am not going to pay them until they do!

Oops, sorry, I read 'secured' in the wrong way.

In that case, by all means CCA :D Make the ***** do some work :p

As you have been paying, it's best to continue to do so until/if they exceed the initial 12 + 2 working days deadline, at which point, should they have not complied, you can legally withold payments as the account will be in dispute.

Ok I'll draw up a CCA letter to them. Out of curiosity, if a DCA places a default notice on your credit profile, how do you go about getting them to remove it??!

Hi, Nandj.

Have a look in this Forum.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent a request through to ARC for the CCA. I've been trying to find a template of a letter on the forums to send to them if they fail to provide the agreement within the 12 day period, can anyone point one out? Thank you.

The only cloud which may loom is that most people on here have found that Egg agreements are generally watertight and have a habit of being available when requested. That doesnt mean you shouldnt go ahead, just dont get your hopes up too high with Egg.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

• 2 weeks later...

Update: The end of the 12+2 days period is looming and I'm formulating a letter to dispute the debt if they fail to provide the CCA, I'm right in thinking this is the way to go? I presume I'm well within my rights to demand ARC stop taking payments from my debit card until they provide me with the CCA? If they carried on taking money would this be construed as theft??

You can legally stop payments if/when the account enters a default situation, ie. non-comp. of CCA request if you wish. You must tell the DCA in writing to cease payments on your card and advise your bank accordingly. If they still try to collect you may have to cancel your card. Your bank only need to know that a company is illegally trying to take payment ;)

Excellent, I'll notify my bank and shaft the ARC losers. Out of curiosity, does anyone have a link to a letter that I can send to ARC informing them that they've failed to provide the CCA in the given time, and I'm now disputing the debt?

Today I received a copy of my CCA, unfortunately it all looks in order so not much to do there. More worringly ARC have stated in the covering letter that now they have supplied me with the CCA they require full payment within 10 days. Can they really demand this of me, I'd rather continue with my measly monthly instalments..