hp agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have bought a car via a dealers and black horse finanace. The problem ive got is the vechile reg and the vin number do not mach up with the car ive bought. Can some one tell me if thie hp agreement still a valid document. I know that a hp agreement is a legal document, so with the wrong information on, does it make the hp agreement void.

PLEASE HELP THANK YOU

It is very unlikely that you will get the agreement void just because the Vin numbers do not mach up. You would have to prove the agreement is 'unenforceable' I don't believe that on this issue alone you would get that.

You could always take advise from a solicitor?

Good luck!

Are all the other car details correct? It could just be an admin mistake.

The first thing to do is contact the dealer and see if they sent the correct paperwork, if yes, then contact blackhorse and get the details changed.

It's always worth the cost of getting the car HPI checked to see all is in order.

Yes they are, but that don't mean they can't be drawn up again and a copy sent to you to sign.

There's nothing to worry about, it will all be legal.

Give them a ring and tell them.

Just read again. Are you hoping to get out of the contract?

You could tryand argue that the agreement doesn't comply with the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations in that it doesn't contain a description of the goods to be purchased as the vin number etc doesn't describe your car.

The effect of not complying with the Agreement Regs is that your agreement may be improperly executed and, if so, is only enforceable by a court.

Be aware, however, that courts can enforce any agreement and will do so when "it is just to do so" taking into account consumer prejudice and culpability. So, in your case I reckon a court would enforce it as it may be just a clerical error. However, there is always a chance...

And it might be nice to cause a bit of hassle for Black Horse...

Edited by Prolix
addition