SAR received - I have a question about Benefits

hme.4x4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent the SAR letter to Abbey and they have responded this morning as follows;

You have asked for copies of your bank statements, which we assume is to enable you to reconcile your bank charges. We are happy to provide these to you and acknowledge receipt of your £10 fee.

The transactional information available on our systems, covering the current year will be sent out in the form of individual duplicate statements. You should receive these within 5 to 7 working days of the date of this letter.

I enclose a summary of charges debited from your account which covers all charges going back to 2002.

They have sent me two A4 sheets from June 2002 to December 2006 which shows;

Total Cleared Transaction Charges -£60

Total Unpaid Direct Debit Charges -£256

Total Unpaid Cheque Charges -£128

Total Unpaid Standing Order Charges -£224

Total Unauthorised Overdraft Fees -£45

Total Cleared Transaction Refunds £20.

I have also received a pile of copied bank statements from 1st Jan 2007 to 26th June 2008.

I quite honestly don't know where to start with this. I assume the charges shown on the two A4 sheets are just totalled plus charges shown on the statements plus interest??? and then what??

The letter goes on to give their advice regarding the current case plus;

1. You may choose to take any complaint or claim against us to either the FOS or the Courts in Scotland.

2. Your right to refer your complaint to the FOS will not be affected. The FOS provides a convenient alternative to the courts, and is free for consumers. However, as already explained, you should be aware that the FOS has, at our request, decided not to determine these complaints for the time being until the test case is resolved.

3. However, if you nonetheless wish to take any claim you may have to the courts in Scotland, you should be aware that the timing of when to raise a claim against us may be important. As such, you may wish to seek independant advice on filing a claim now to protect your rights (although you will have to pay a court fee). If you do this, you should be aware that the bank will immediately apply to the court to put your action on hold until the resolution of the banks legal proceedings with the OFT.

I am not in Scotland by the way.

My income for the whole of this time has been a small medical retirement pension and Incapacity Benefit so these charges have caused me considerable difficulty.

I'm sorry if I appear stupid but if anyone can just point me in the right direction I will be eternally grateful.

Hi, hme.4x4

Send them your prelim....(Recorded)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Giving them 14 days to comply.

Here's what you can claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15518-charges-description-statements-please.html

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert