rscott1979

Hello everyone i've just joined

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5122 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone

I found this website through moneysavingexpert.com and it is great. I am currently in debt and sorting through it but when i found that i could get money back for charges it lifted a weight of my shoulders. Although the amounts i will be claiming for are not of great value they will reduce the debt; which is helpful.

I have contacted banks for back dated statements, some of which i have received. There are 4 banks which i am chasing, 3 for me and 1 for my wife. I have currently added up the charges for 2 of my banks and am still waiting from 1. Bank 1 has charged me £300 over 4 years, bank number 2 has charged my £157.5 over 5 year, bank 3 don't know yet, and my wife's bank has charged her £709 in 1 year.

What i find interesting about these charges are that they do not seem to be consistant, well in my case anyway. Although the activity of my bak accounts could have caused more charges - none were applied. Anybody got a reason for this.

I have not started the proceedings yet - just preparing. Typing the letters and producing a matrix of charges. Also am waiting for my wife to change her bank.

Maybe in a week or two i will start by making the phone call after i have collected addresses and phone numbers.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and hope we are all successful in beating the banks.

Good luck everyone. Richard

Hello everyone

I found this website through moneysavingexpert.com and it is great. I am currently in debt and sorting through it but when i found that i could get money back for charges it lifted a weight of my shoulders. Although the amounts i will be claiming for are not of great value they will reduce the debt; which is helpful.

I have contacted banks for back dated statements, some of which i have received. There are 4 banks which i am chasing, 3 for me and 1 for my wife. I have currently added up the charges for 2 of my banks and am still waiting from 1. Bank 1 has charged me £300 over 4 years, bank number 2 has charged my £157.5 over 5 year, bank 3 don't know yet, and my wife's bank has charged her £709 in 1 year.

What i find interesting about these charges are that they do not seem to be consistant, well in my case anyway. Although the activity of my bak accounts could have caused more charges - none were applied. Anybody got a reason for this.

I have not started the proceedings yet - just preparing. Typing the letters and producing a matrix of charges. Also am waiting for my wife to change her bank.

Maybe in a week or two i will start by making the phone call after i have collected addresses and phone numbers.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and hope we are all successful in beating the banks.

Good luck everyone. Richard

wave.gifHiya Richards,

When you are ready, start a new thread for each of the different banks in the bank forum relevent to them ... that way you can get good advice as each bank may act a little different to the others. Not only that but its good to have advice and tips from fellow claimers.

Linda

Go on ... you know you want to click me

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:) There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :)

Advice & opinions of mechs' wife are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thank you for your help i will now start a thread for each one. Although i am waiting on one more bank but there is no rush.

Thank you