New Tactic?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I am involved in a claim from Abbey and recently discovered I had been defaulted when I signed up for experians creditexpert. I sent a copy of the new letter to experian last week and when I tried to log on to the creditexpert website earlier tonight I found the following message

Dear IR2365

We're sorry, but the card details you supplied when signing up for CreditExpert are not valid - perhaps your card has expired, been cancelled or replaced?

Please log in with your existing username and password and use another card to complete the order form.

Unfortunately your membership has been suspended for now, preventing you from receiving alerts of key changes to your credit report or being able to see your Experian® credit report online.

Many thanks,

The CreditExpert team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. This e-mail address is not monitored. If you would like to contact us, please send your e-mail to [email protected]

Has anyone else found this? seems like an attempt to deny access to the info we need to proceed.

Credit expert is a joke. I keep getting txt and email alerts about 'significant' changes to my account, i log on and view my account and there is absolutely no change whatsoever.

My membership was cancelled early this year when I was issued with a new debit card by my bank. I think this is standard procedure. I wouldn't class it an attempt to deny access as you can at anytime request your report by sending them two pounds. However I do agree with you that experian is rubbish with the way they handle these scenarios. A phone call to you would have been more appropriate.

I personally think that there should be a law prohibiting credit reference agencies from making money out of people's data.

F_C

Co-Operative bank default removal - succesfull december 2007.

Capital One Bank default removal - succesfull february 2008.

Co-Operative bank Visa default removal- Claim filed March 2008

Smile default removal - ongoing

In which case, don't let them get away with it......lodge a complaint and take it

further....

Co-Operative bank default removal - succesfull december 2007.

Capital One Bank default removal - succesfull february 2008.

Co-Operative bank Visa default removal- Claim filed March 2008

Smile default removal - ongoing

Right, data protection breach letter going to Abbey, and as previously stated have sent the new bankfodder letter to experian. Will just have to sit back and wait for a response 8)