Any views on the best approach to complain about the banks ineptness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would appreciate all views on the best way forward to complain about the ineptness and ignorance by the bank, in my case Egg banking. I have now received a letter from them informing me to take my problem to the FOS if i am not satisfied with the way they have dealt with it. Can suggestions be made as to what other organisations i could seek help and advice from and who do have some clout so that Egg can be taken to task and made accountable for what i perceive as unlawful.

Their actions to date - No CCA for a loan that i don't acknowledge.

CCA for credit card not produced within the required times and eventually a non compliant one was produced.

Passing account on to a collections agency whilst the account is in dispute. Not being able to point out what parts of the consumer credit act(1974) apply.

Eventually sending me a card agreement of 19 pages titled legal information you need to be aware of.(Now this was not sent to me when i requested my CCA for my credit card).

Termination of Credit card without a proper default notice.

Then threatening to terminate an already terminated account.

Terminating an already terminated account and placing a default notice on an account that is severely disputed.

I am absolutely flabbergasted. How should i deal with such a high level of ignorance and incompetence. There is no understanding of what the consumer credit act embodies and how it should be executed within their operations.

All views and help much appreciated.

thanks

Ruby.

Report their actions to the OFT too.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also contact Trading Standards if you have been through Egg's procedure.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.