television interview/cra and dca

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have just been interviewed by one of the main five tv channells on the subject of loans and extortionate credit

during our conversation the incestiouse relationship between cra and the dca was mentioned

this is of course with the site administrators permission, they would like to interview me on camera.

i would like all relevent info on which cra is in bed with which dca

data protection act was mentioned

this needs to be factual and legit

many thanks

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Please feel free to metion the CRAs blatent disregard of the data protection act by failing to verify all data they hold is correct

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

channel four are interviewing me again this friday

the original interview was about another matter for which the mods are aware of. for the moment lets say it was another matter that regular comes up on cag.

back to the matter at hand

they were very interested in the relationship between cra and dca

ie

cra owning dca and releasing data

i need to be one hundread percent on this

which cra own which dca

many thanks

I've flagged this up to see if there's any input can be suggested.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

i must say i am rather disapointed by the response

there are quite a few thread on this forum that mention which dca is in bed with which cra.

this tv interview is at one o,clock today

this is the last oppertunity to respond

listen people, this matter will be investigated by a tv journalist to every bodies benefit

Found this - "Equifax also operates a consumer debt collection agency under its Westcott Credit Services brand. Westcott carry out collection for UK utilities and cable companies, and acted on behalf of NTL following the collapse of ISP Gio Internet."

and

"Callcredit is owned by MortgageExpress"

the interview went fine

very professional and was surprised by the intell she allready had

they will be giving me a date when broadcast

it will be early augest

watch the sparks fly

damn, I have only just spotted your thread - I am so sorry...and upset I missed the opportunity. I had a very revealing reply from Equifax stating that they would not clarify what validation checks they do on data submitted with each company as they have contractual obligations to them and this is confidential.

In bed right enough. Well done postggj, hats off to you. It should make a few palms sweaty in CRA land, this issue needs publicity.

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

its a shame i didn't see this thread either. maybe if it had been mentioned in the others threads before now. but to late now.

Cabot are part of the abbey national group which is part of santander.

callcredit have openly admitted they dont check every file that a DCA puts before them as it is all to much work.

i have this in writing on there very own website. infact i feel a screen shot coming on. incase they change the wording.

Only just seen your thread postggj.

Glad the interview went well - let's hope they don't leave the really pertinent clips on the cutting room floor.

Subbing, will watch with interest.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Yep looking forward to this one myself. Finally a decent tv programme among all the usual mind numbing dross we usually get.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Good work and like others sorry I missed your thread. I have had some interesting exchanges with Experian over this and they absolutely refuse to remove any erroneous data unless the OC says so. They are the next big target I know as there have no legal staus whatsoever apart from their contracts and various connections with OCs and DCAs.

Cabot are part of the abbey national group which is part of santander.

I'm pretty sure this is not true. But if you have proof, I would be very glad to see it. But if it is true, I'm not sure of the relevance, since neither Cabot, Abbey nor Santander have any association with the CRAs appart from the norm.

I'm pretty sure this is not true. But if you have proof, I would be very glad to see it. But if it is true, I'm not sure of the relevance, since neither Cabot, Abbey nor Santander have any association with the CRAs appart from the norm.

opps my mistake i meant to type Experian are owned by abbey and santander, not cabot.

sorry about the small mistake.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Why was this not advertised on the stickys?

I remember hearing experian has some type of shares in littleswoods and as a result they thke any info regarding littlewoods/ SDFS accounts as the gospel. Even if you have written proof they are incorrect they do nothing to remove the data.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

this is interesting

i have allready been interviewed on camera for which the broadcast will be early auguest.

i have just been telephoned by the researcher and they are comming out again tommorow to interview me again on camera.

they are most interested in the cra

i will be printing this thread off to give to her so the more imput the better.

what she needs to know is your account of when applying for your credit record, soon after you are plagued by companies offering sub prime loans, credit cards, mortgages, debt management, etc, let alone dca

the more the better

INTERVIEW TOMORROW MORNING 10 AM 17/07/08