HELP - Daughter Called PPC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received the following PM. I do not make a habit of responding to personal appeals for help but ask the poster to post on open forum for the best blend of responses from a number of people.

In this instance I am satisfied that there are good reasons for anonymity so I have posted here an edited version of the question and my response.

The usual caution applies:

I never advise. All I do is to state what I would probably do in the stated circumstances. What you do depends on your circumstances, capacity and willingness for a potential fight.

This is the question:

Hi Bernie.

This afternoon, my daughter picked up a Private company PCN.

I've been looking at your template letters, (impressed).

I only found out about this when I got home from work, so I couldn't advise her earlier.

My question is, apparently she phoned the company to explain that as she is unemployed and she couldn't possibly afford £70 in one go. They have given her three months to pay.

I don't know, at this point, if she identified herself.

In this position could she still use the template letters or would she have to follow the course as if she had written to them?

Regards,

My response is,

You are quite right, much depends on whether when your daughter called the PPC firstly made a note of the call and secondly whether they have systems to match and cross reference the data.

I would probably take the view that they do not. You will get a clue in due course. This will come as they will not have got details from the DVLA yet when they write (if she is not the registered keeper) to the RK if they don't have systems or to her if they do.

Of course if your daughter is the RK they will write to her. Here you will get your clue if they make any reference to the phone call (they've made the connection) or if they write chasing before the three months is up with no reference to the phone call (they haven't).

So in summary I think that at this stage you advise your daughter to do nothing.

Wait until they write and take your clue from them.

Then it works as follows:

Daughter is RK

1) Clues they made the connection - use "wrote before" templates.

2) Clues they haven't made the connection - use "standard" templates

Daughter is not RK

1) Daughter gets letter - use "wrote before" templates.

2) RK gets letter - use "standard" templates

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

As per Bernie.

plus

The PPC is stuffed unless your daughter put it in writing. That is the real reason so many of them assist on 'appeals' in writing and not by phone.

Do not be concerned but expect them to write a lot of letters. Keep all of them safe. It is good that the PPC will spend money chasing this... :)

I just hope she didn't ring some premium rate number.

what PPC is this ?

what PPC is this ?

To say would give them a hint on what to do!!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

• 2 months later...

I have received a PM from the originator of this thread as the user could not find it.

Apparently the daughter is not the registered keeper nor the owner of the vehicle, but the RK has received a letter from the PPC. No references in the letter to any phone calls.

I have advised using the standard letters.

If anyone disagrees with this action, please post on this thread.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....