• Tweets

• Hi all,   I would like to thank you all for your help so far on this matter. I have been reading some relevant thread on here as rightly suggested to get myself up to speed.   One thing is certainly clear, and that is NO to mediation. I have got to put the form N180 in the post first class tomorrow money to meet Monday's deadline. I haven't really found a clear answer to one or two things: 1) Can i change the hearing venue to my preferred county court? 2) What's my reason for considering the case not suitable for the small claims tack and what alternative?   I'm really sorry to be a nuisance but this has got to be posted tomorrow morning and i'm running out of time.   I am really counting on your advise please
    • I have contested a parking ticket on Bradfield Rd car park in Sheffield i was only there in April for 39 minutes but got issued a ticket saying i was parked in permit holders space. Its normally free for 1hr 30. I have attempted to pay the original fine but it would seem there reference number is incorrect as it does not let me pay.  They have now sent letters demanding £160 and have passed the charge to a company called Zenith.  I have rang wrote etc but cannot get any form of coherent communication and am now worried as to what to do next any advice appreciated.
    • Hi caggers,  OH got a vanquis card, defaulted and made a last payment in July 2015. Since she gave me a heads up with threat letters for pre-court action, I fired off a CCA and got a response way after the prescribed time line (I can live with that).   They did send her a CCA and breakdown of spends. The problem I had with the CCA they sent her was it was pretty unreadable (I can post a copy) but it had her signature on there. I don't doubt the OH owes money but after speaking with her she cannot remember but didn't think it was as much as Lowell's are wanting to claim for as she only had a £500 limit and the amount they want is near £900.   I fired off an AID letter stating the CCA was illegible and at the same time sent a SAR to them specifically asking for a copy of the DN, Breakdown of charges and Interest and anything else they hold.   They come back acknowledging both letters but still asked what she her intentions are regarding the account with failure to do so possibly resulting in a claim form incurring costs.   They also said they will not send any further copies of the CCA as they've already compiled with the original CCA request.   Am I correct in thinking the CCA has to be legible and that this is grounds for the AID? I'm happy to come to an arrangement to clear the right amount owed but not some over inflated figure.   Thanks PM
    • The airline's boss Scott Kirby tells the BBC passenger testing is "key to reopening the world economy". View the full article
    • Latest sales and profits figures from America's big tech companies exceed Wall Street expectations. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

warrant of eviction

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4470 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello ell-en just been down to court and been given a date 5 days before eviction. it worry me as if i lose case i wont have enough time to organise a move. can i get the date sooner asked lady in court but very unhelpful thanks

Hi there, I can understand your concern, but based on the information you have given I would be very surprised if you did not get the eviction suspended. Judges do not want to put people out of their houses if there is a good chance of them making payments towards the arrears.

You say you have made a payment of £1430 and another one for the same amount today? How much of these payments were towards the arrears?

How much is your normal monthly payment?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

my normal monthly payment are £1380 so paid £50 but made numerous payments of £100 so the order the courts made i year ago is met. but missed a couple of payments. my arrears after these payments will about £4800. do you think this wil be problem do i need to pay more

Hi, you should continue to make any payments you an afford to between now and the hearing, but if your arrears are now £4800 I don't think you'll have a problem. When is your next normal payment due?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, if you make the payment before the hearing it will reduce the arrears, but your payment on 1st August will still be due on that date, and if you don't make it you will be in arrears again. You should only make payments towards the arrears if you have surplus money before the hearing date.

I honestly think you will be ok - you have an income and can show the judge you can afford the extra payments of £150 per month. You have also reduced the arrears in the last week which will go in your favour.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Hi there, if you make any payments before the hearing, let me know and we'll do an up to date statement for you to take to court to hand to the judge.

Have you asked GMAC for an up to date statement? that would be helpful to take to the hearing.

Also, remember to get the transaction numbers for any payments you make.

I am on holiday next week, but will be back on line on Sat 26th so will catch up with you then.

Stay positive, it will be OK.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Dont forget the payment due on the Ist is in advance not arreas like some GMAC take the money in advance on the Ist of the month you must get a statement from GMAC Im around next week if you have a peoblem I cannot do as ellen does but I fought GMAC for 8 years

• 2 weeks later...

whoo hoo just been to court and got aggrement for my offer of paying of arrears. SO A BIG BIG THANK YOU TO ELL-EN AND BONA. THE COURT PULLED GMAC APART FOR LACK OF COMMUNICATION. SO ALL I CAN SAY TO PEOPLE IN SIMULAR SITUATION IS TO GO ON FORUMS LIKE THIS TAKE WHAT ADVISE YOU CAN GET. MAKE SURE YOU WRITE TO MORGAGE COMPANY AND KEEP COPY. AS I FOUND TELEPHONE CONVERSATION HAD CONFLICTING ADVISE. I KEPT ALL MY LETTERS AND SHOWED JUDGE. SO THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED. AND BIG KISS TO ELL-EN (hope your a girl):D

• Haha 1

Brilliant News! I'm so pleased for you - and well done for being brave and showing the judge what GMAC are like.

Thanks for the Kiss - (and yes, I am female) :D

• Haha 1

Hi there

Just read your post and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS. Well done and live happy

olivesxx

Next Directory £215 NO CCA ***WON***

Littlewoods Visa*** WON ***

Littlewoods evenmore£496.47 COURT CHARGES£296.84 PPI £575.52

Littlewoods LX £0.00 COURTCHARGES £327.68

Choices for you S.A.R owe £362.02

Additions Direct £1400 NO CCA

HUBBY

Bank of Scotland Prefernce account £296

Capital One £300CHARGES£1135 TAKING COURT ACTION

also owe big to

Bank Of Scotland £10000 sending cca reqest

British Credit Trust £6000

Fighting For Family

MUm,***WON ***Barclays for hardship just need to get the last little bit. Chasing LLOYDS TSB for hardship

Bro, HBOS PPI mis selling ***WON***