Please help me-HFO, totally unreasonable!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right..think i got it now.. is there a 'prove it' template letter, or is that one one that Fighting Fit had written for me on this post?

Also...I think i will try to ring up CAB tomorrow....if i can ever get through. I have tried ringing them for weeks now...never get through and when i do i get cut off...i think there a waste of time personally...or at least my local offices are.

I recorded HFO threatening to add £100 interest on the spot to a £120 owed debt :cool:

I recorded HFO breaking the data protection act and admittidly breaking the telecomms act :cool:

Oh how funny? HFO called me with a £20 settlement fee for the "inconvenience" and sent me a fabulous letter to confirm the debt is now settled :p

Hi Lois,

Glad to see you're getting advice and encouragement.

To make the most of the recording you have, write out details of the tel con including word for word what was said on the recording. This should be sent to the FOS and the OFT with a covering letter asking for them to investigate and report back to you.

I'd also copy it to the DCA and ask if they'd care to make an offer of compensation for the threats made.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I'll do that for the complaints.

Have sent them all "prove it" and "harassment letters" needed. So will see what happens.

What happens legally now?

Its recorded delivery so i can check signature.

What happens now? Does my bf still have to make payments whilst were waiting for there reply or not?

Also, what should I do with regards to payment if the debt can be proven? what methods of payment do HFO accept. I seem to get a different answer each time. They told me they don't accept cheque aswell. But i'm not comfortable with giving them any bank details due to the experiences we've been through.

I recorded HFO threatening to add £100 interest on the spot to a £120 owed debt :cool:

I recorded HFO breaking the data protection act and admittidly breaking the telecomms act :cool:

Oh how funny? HFO called me with a £20 settlement fee for the "inconvenience" and sent me a fabulous letter to confirm the debt is now settled :p

Also, what should I do with regards to payment if the debt can be proven? what methods of payment do HFO accept. I seem to get a different answer each time. They told me they don't accept cheque aswell. But i'm not comfortable with giving them any bank details due to the experiences we've been through.

IF and WHEN they prove they have the right to collect alleged debt then they'll have to accept a check (or postal order). If they won't accept these they wont get paid, simple. Can't see them taking you to court for non-payment when you've already offered them this form of payment- can't imagine a judge siding with them lol.

And don't forget that all letters to them should have the heading - I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY and remember not to use your normal signature :-)

Just hate every DCA out there

Yep have done that. Have just initialled the letter aswell as it being typed.

Ok so if I send them a cheque if/after they have managed to prove it. Who do I make it out to? They wont tell me on the phone LOL because they say they don't accept it. I guess they were just trying to get commission out of me. Apparenly I was speaking to a manager at some point. Who told me "my life will be over and my debts are sure to spiral out of control."

What a D*head lol. Its only £115.07! and its not even MY debt. Idiots.

Do you think Cheque is the 'safest' way to pay?

Hi LL,

Don't worry just now about how to pay. But DO put money away each month for this debt so you CAN pay it if it is properly due.

Who told me "my life will be over and my debts are sure to spiral out of control."

Did you get this on tape too? :eek:

Sorry about my earlier advice - the CCA is not appropriate and the SAR may be the better option.

Have you complained to FOS and OFT - that advice still applies.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Haven't got that one on tape. Fortunately I came here and realised I was legally able to record phone calls so have got a recent one with a woman threatening me with interest amounts to hundreds of pounds. (silly cow, its only £115)

Here is what I've done as follows:

1. I told the woman on the phone that I had recorded her threats. And Have not recieved a call since hehe.

2. Have sent a letter recorded delivery. Which is basically a CCA but have twisted it my way so that it is relevent for a phone bill account. And have also half made it the telephone harassment leter. Have let them know we are aware of there obvious breaches of the data protection act. Have also included that we have recorded threatening and abusive calls for possible police action. And will complain to OFCOM and all sorts.

So for now I will just stop payment till i recieve a reply?

So for now I will just stop payment till i recieve a reply?
Personally, I would in the hope that they're so worried/embarassed you have this on tape, they may offer to write off the debt and remove any markers on your CRA records.

Make complaints to FOS and OFT for sure - anyone else is up to you.

Okidoke. Thanks..I feel good about this now. My minds finally at rest.

Honestly I owe you guys my sanity lol. I've suffered a lot from anxiety and depression and this is something I really needed your support on so thanks :)

Its only like £115 ! Its silly they would waste there efforts on this small amount, when its already being paid for!

Thank you again. I will stick around this website. Am lucky to have found you all!