OT-Missing email update notifications to subscribed threads?

robcag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Not sure of the best place to post this, but see thread title. :rolleyes:

Anybody else not getting email updates today or is it just me? :confused:

I've checked my forum settings and nothing seems to have been inadvertantly changed. I've tested the registered email account and that is working fine.

This may have stopped working for me some time yesterday.

Cheers

Rob

Rob, they have been turned off for now because of mail server overload. (Makes me sound knowledgeable, doesn't it? I;m not, just repeating what Webby told us!!! LOL)

42man, depending on what ISP you use, some recognise CAG mails as spam and bounce or delete them, so it could be that. :-(

Even accesing CAG has been a bit of a problem these past few days, as well as the email notification (although I'm still receiving some of them). Anything else we should know??

(They didn't turn off the CAG hosting server too did they?!?! lol :D)

Thanks for the replies folks. I didn't reply earlier because I wasn't notified the thread had been updated! ;)

Let's hope the server being busy (I won't say overloaded, that sounds a bit more serious!) is sorted soon as I like to get my update notifications!

Cheers

Rob

Even accesing CAG has been a bit of a problem these past few days, as well as the email notification (although I'm still receiving some of them). Anything else we should know??

(They didn't turn off the CAG hosting server too did they?!?! lol :D)

You might want to drop off a note to Webmaster, I haven't had any problems recently (apart when it went off for most of the day last week, which was a server issue, actually).

Hi Bookworm

Sorry to bother you again, but could you point me in the direction of a link or method of contacting the CAG Webmaster please? I've been looking around, but can't seem to find anything obvious regarding this.

I just thought I'd ask him/her directly when/if it would be likely that the email notifications would be turned back on again, as I imagine (if my own experience is anything to go by ;)) that their lack is causing difficulties for most people in keeping up with topics, thereby causing a lack of responses in some cases.

Not wishing to sound ungrateful for the CAG service, but curious all the same! ;)

Perhaps more donations are needed to upgrade some hardware or bandwidth or something!

Cheers

Rob

Guest forgottenone

Hello. It wouldn't be affecting PM's, too? Only sent a few this week, no reply. Unless, of course, the recipient is away. Just thought to ask. :D

I think it must have been a blip. Email notifications are definitely back on judging by the 40 or so that hit my inbox this morning :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest forgottenone

Looks like will have to do same ... pretty strange no reply given the nature of my PMs to the member(s) concerned. *puts on contemplative Plato face/gesture* :D