Passport Fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Im looking for some advice on the refund of British passport fee. I applied for 2 new passports recently. These applications were declined on the basis of 'nationality' issues after me having phoned them for further advice (they have provided this to me incorrectly)

The problem is I have paid £150 for 2 passports and have been told this fee is not refundable. I have written to complain but they have refused to give this fee back due to the 'administration' involved with the applications.

I now need to sort out the nationality issues and reapply (paying another fee) of course. ANY ADVICE PLEASE

Edited by waters80

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. ;)

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

You need to get a copy of the rules about this. You might also do an FOI request asking anout the admin concerned, breakdown of costs and in what way does the admin and costs breakdown differ between a failed application and an approved one.

Think about the request every carefully so that it elicits the info you need.

You might also want a copy of the policy document which governs the treatment of fees and the non-refunding of a fee in a filed application