Should I Keep on Paying

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all great site making people aware of their rights:lol:.

I have a few ongoing debts that i have been paying but my partner or i are not working at present and we are struggling to just to buy day to day items and pay for gas electric etc.Plus we have the debt companys harrasing us wanting more money to pay of our debts.After spending a few days reading post on the site i have posted of requests for cca s to all the debt companys.I have a few questions if someone could help me.

Cabot Financial Defaulted 27/09/02 current balance £1.870

Captial One arrangement to pay started 1/10/04 current balance £1.269

Alliance Leicester personal finance Defaulted on 30/12/02 current balance£8.948

Barclaycard current balance £2.005 i have no more info on this they just keep sending letters with what i owe on them.

I have for the last 4 or 5 years been paying of all these debts at as much as i can afford a month. Around £140 a month between all the debts. Should i continue to try and pay the debt companys or should i stop paying until they can prove with cca s that they can enforce the debts with cca s.I have been paying all these debts for years and i am getting nowhere with them just hassled to pay more money.ANY ADVICE PLEASE ON WHAT I SHOULD DO NEXT.

Hi there

Send the CCA requests - if after 12 working days (plus two for postage) you can start to with-hold monies on the grounds that they have not complied with your CCA request.

If they do provide something or continue to pursue you after this date with no valid CCA, please post back.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

you may also want to look at reclaiming All the unlawful charges on each account. I'm sure if they go that far back, there will be loads to reclaim.

Use this letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

It costs £10 for each request from each company, but you can reclaim that as well.

Jogs

Yes this is the way to go, depending on what comes back will establish your position and help you decide how you deal with them going forward in what you want to achieve. All I would say is keep your correspondence and records in order as your printer and postman might get busy !!