Virgin Media and Deceased Mother - WTF!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well its like this

My mother passed away towards the end of April she had Virgin media connected for TV Phone and Broadband

We contacted everyone to explain hat she had died including VM and to stop everthing that we needed to stop. This includes VM as the house is empty. They have responded by saying that they can't completely disconnect anything until the outstanding bill is settled. It is now on a basic service but is still accruing charges and it will be months before the estate is settled and VM quite frankly are not a priority

This is outrageous - has anyone any ideas of what stick to hit the greedy bar stewards with

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Hi Red Vixen,

It sounds to me as if they are now holding on to see how much they can get once everything is sorted out!

I would send a copy of the death certificate to them with a strongly worded letter informing them that they will be paid until x date once your mothers estate has gone through probate.

Twinkle

Any charges imposed by VM AFTER her death are none recoverable particularly as they have been informed. When writing I should remind them of this.

Most utility companies try this trick. Also they often seem to produce greatly inflated final bills which when challenged turnout to have no relation to reality

VM can quite easily issue a final bill & send it to you for eventual settlement marking the account 'deceased awaiting probate' The bill should only cover the period up to her death

Thanks

I will get on this one - my brother is dealing with most of this stuff as he lives locally

This really is not a priority for either of us but as I in letter writing mode I will get onto this

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

& if that proves fruitless although some may be out of date try any of these:)

[email protected] - Senior customer relations managers

[email protected] - Customer Liaison Manager

[email protected] - Director of Corporate Communications

[email protected] - PA to Director of Corporate Communications

[email protected] - Chief Executive

[email protected] - Chief Operating Officer

[email protected] - Director of Commercial Operations

[email protected] - Director of Sales and Marketing

[email protected] - The Big Cheese

Forgive my naivete, but is Richard Branson still associated with Virgin Media.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Ha ha - I like the idea of writing to Richard Branson - i could include a second complaint about their £5 per month DD charge and late payment charge as well

The PPI Saga

Not sure, quote fro Wiki:-

On 4 July 2006, Branson sold his Virgin Mobile company to UK cable TV, broadband, and telephone company NTL/NTL:Telewest for almost £1 billion. As part of the sale, the company pays a minimum of £8.5 million per year to use the Virgin name and Branson became the company's largest shareholder. The new company was launched with much fanfare and publicity on 8 February 2007, under the name Virgin Media. The decision to merge his Virgin Media Company with NTL was in order to integrate both of the companies' compatible parts of commerce. Branson used to own three quarters of Virgin Mobile, whereas now he owns 15 percent of the new Virgin Media company.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

If he's still the largest shareholder then he has enough clout to get this problem sorted.

May I also pass on my condolences, and ask that you don't worry about these problems but focus on making sure you and your family are all coping with your loss.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar