harassment from 1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You just wait for them to go over the further calendar month and then report them to Trading Standards and the OFT if they ask for payment without supplying your CCA.

Edited by babybear39
spelling

1st credit are a shower of *****....

As above, carry on waiting until the additional 30days are up then PLEASE report them!!

If you are making payment, you can legally stop them now

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]

Its better not to report them until they send out more begging letters

Of course, thanks ODC....

[CENTER][CENTER][B] Has this post helped you?[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT][CENTER]If so please click on the scales!! [LEFT][B]<--------------------------------[/B] [/LEFT] [/CENTER] [/LEFT] [/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I requested a copy of my credit agreement from 1st credit too, after they continually harassed me, on the 15th July I received a reply from them saying that they have sent the information to their client (in this instance - First Direct), but as of now I have received no Credit Agreement, it has now reached the 40 days, what do I have to do now? Also odd question I know, I paid the statutory £1 charge for a copy of the credit agreement (which I have not received), can I get this money back from first credit? I know it is only a quid, but as they haven't provided what I have legally requested is there any way I can get them to pay this back as I really don't want to be giving those tw*ts any money whatsoever, especially when they have done nothing except speak to me like cr*p and threatened me.

Thanks

CM

Hi Cass Machine and welcome to CAG.

It's best to start your own thread so replies don't get muddled.

Whilst 1st crud are in default of your CCA request if they contact you requesting payment, report them to Trading Standards and the OFT for breaching OFT guidlines, the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

Report them straight away to the authorites I mentioned. Here are their contact details:

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

When you report them to Trading Standards make sure you do so to your own local department and 1st crud's. The OFT don't take individual complaints but they do gather information regarding breaches of their rules.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

It has now been 50 Days since my request for the CCA from first credit I have not rtecived anything from them

This morning I have recived a letter from Connaught Collections telling me that they have been instructed by 1st Credit to recover the debt

Letter states

It is now our intention to issue a statutory Demand under the insolvency act 1986 (Bankruptcy) as we are unaware of any valid reason for non payment

Plaese contact us to arrange a mutually covenient time and date for service.

Should you fail to contact us within seven days then a statutory Demand will be issued without warning.

What do I do now

Send connaught this courtesy of CB:

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Your Reference:

Client reference:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with ***DCA*** and has been since ***Date***

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As ***DCA*** is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and s10 Data Protection Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to ***DCA*** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ***DCA*** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If ***DCA***chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

Amend to suit, do not sign, print your name, send recorded keeping a copy with your postal receipt.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update you. I had a reply from Conn that they did not have the the information that I requested at there office and have nowsent a copy of my letter to 1st C who will then send me a copy of the CCA.

I have been waiting for 1st C to do this since the 30th June .

I have also filed my complaint to the OFT and will be also sending a copy to the Trading Standards office.

I have also sent a letter to my local MP

Gizzymoon

Hi

Now things are getting even more confusing.

I have just recived another letter from Conaught telling me that due to a recent audit of files I maybe have been sending my payments to another agency (1st C) they now want me to make all payments to them and have enclosed a standing order for me to complete.

And still I have no copy of any CCA from any of them.???

As 42man says, they know they're in default so you don't have to continue payments, and are not allowed to persue payment for an account in serious dispute.

They're breaching UCPD, CPUTR 2008 and OFT guidlines by sending you that last letter.

Report them to Trading Standards (yours and thiers) and the OFT.