hillesden securities ltd for old abbey debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i have hillesden securities ltd , trading as direct legal& collections chasing my oh and i for £2,029.80 this has been sold to them by Abbey. Sending them the cca letter today and just wondered if anyone had any dealings with them? Did not have ppi on the account so cant claim it back.

hi

the quickest way i got rid of dlc was to say as they now own the account they are responsable for all illegal charges for which i would be reclaiming back from dlc

they got rid of it like a hot potato

may i ask when the last time you had contact over this account as you say it is old

it was a loan we took out about five years ago and stopped paying last year oct time i think as could not afford it any longer.Tried to get Abbey to accept token payments but they were not interested so then heard nothing from them until this letter came on Saturday from dlc.

when you send off your cca tell them the account is in dispute until you get info back from the abbey

i would then send abbey an sar

this will cost ten pounds

you will then find out all charges, agreements, etc

this will cost ten pounds

when you correspond with dlc never sign your letter, print, and allways use postel orders

• 2 weeks later...

hi we got a letter from dlc today saying that as we have failed to make acceptable payments on the account they have made enquiries with the local land registry and have recieved formal confirmation that we are home owners and it is their intention to commence legal proceedings for non payment. Please telephone to sort this out. Well i sent them a cca with a postal order unfortunately i only sent it first class post not recorded delivery. Should i resend it or what? urgent !!! dont want the court thing to happen.

The letter from DLC is typical DCA threatening bluff -they have a LONG, LONG way to go before your property is under threat so don't panic, don't let their scare tactics confuse you & do NOT under any circumstances, phone them.

When did you send the CCA request? Did you keep the PO counterfoil - it can be traced to see if it has been cashed i.e. they received your letter.

They have 12+2days to produce the CCA. If they don't after that time, I would write again by Rec. Del. reminding them that they are in breach of CCA 1974, enclosing a copy of your original request & putting the account into dispute.

EG letter:

Dear Sir or Madam

Request for true copy of Credit Agreement under Sections 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

I wrote to you recently requesting a true, signed copy of any credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. This is my right under Sections 77 and 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 on payment of the statutory fee of £1.00. This payment was included with my original request.

Under the terms of the above Act, a creditor has 12 working days to provide the requested document. This deadline has now passed & I have not received the requested documents from you. I therefore notify you that you have a further 30 days before this matter becomes a criminal offence.

As I am sure you are aware, an agreement that does not contain all of the prescribed terms, and/or is not signed by the debtor, is completely unenforceable & I therefore consider that this account is in dispute with immediate effect.

Furthermore please consider this letter a statutory notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with the credit reference agencies. Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. Should you fail to respond within 21 days, I will assume that you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore, you should remember that a creditor is not permitted to take any action against an account whilst it remains in dispute. The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and therefore the following applies:

• You may not demand any payment on this account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.
  • You may not add any further interest or charges to this account.
  • You may not pass this account to any third party.
  • You may not register any information in respect of this account with any of the credit reference agencies.

You may not issue a default notice related to this account.

If **DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

Please send me a copy of your complaints procedure.

YS

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.