Assignment AFTER CCJ and CO ? (Marlin & HFC)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm trying to help my mother-in-law with some debts. Unfortunately we ended up with a charging order * with the debt to be paid in instalments of £5 per month [HFC & Restons!!]. We've had the confirmation from the court of the final charging order including the instalment order. We have not received any correspondence from HFC or Restons, then yesterday received a letter from Marlin Financial Services saying the debt has been assigned to Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Limited and that "The assignee has appointed Marlin to administer the account"; and we should "no longer make payments to the assignor or any other company.."

I have written to say that until we hear directly from the court we will not pay them or correspond with them.

My question is:- can debts be assigned after a CCJ and charging order ??

(* After the CCJ, we applied for a variation, form N244 and sent it off with a cheque for our offer of £5 (per month) Thinking we would get a hearing we continued to send £5 per month; however the judge said that technically we had defaulted by not paying the £250+ per month of the original judgement until the hearing; so he granted the charging order but did agree to reduce the monthly payment; so a lesson to learn; don't miss a payment on a CCJ while waiting for the appeal. I think he was sympathetic to the case I had put together and congratulated me on the presentation, but, strictly speaking we had defaulted)

Cooldude, I do not know the answer to your question but have just received the same letter as you. I am also in the same position as your M in L.

Later today i am going to add the letter to an on going thread i have so you might want to keep an eye on that as well.

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

I have to ask did you ever reclaim the excessive charges and insurance on the account + 8% compounded interest ??

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html