Not another 1st credit thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again everybody, ok, ok I'll stop using that title after this new thread.

Those of you who have read my threads on cabot and lowells, will probably have sussed out that we have had a few financial prob's over the years, house repossesed, credit card prob's etc.

Well now we've got 1st credit on our case and these are the first dealings I've had with them. After having read other posts on here I realise they are just like any other dca.

But the letter we received from them the other day was different to anything cabot or lowells have sent. It says that if we dont pay up £1400 or so they will partition for bancruptcy.

My question is; is this a normal tactic for 1st credit?

I intend to cca them in any case.

Thanks for reading jed.

p.s., did you get some sleep q?

Edited by jed52

Worst Credit always always try the scare tactic first of all but we have a better tactic thats guaranteed to scare all DCAS. Its called the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Its like garlic to a vampire when you send your S77-79 requests into the Omnibus Builing in Reigate.

Hello BB39, only thing we have of any value is a car. We are 1 year into a 4 year agreement for it. Every payment made on time. Do you thing they might try to take the car? Can they still do that if it is still with the finance company?

Thanks BB39, I dont get worried about this sort of thing anymore, but it would be a shame to lose the car when we've paid for it for 12 months. jed

Edited by jed52
change user name

They cannot take 'your' car. Its not owned by you until the final payment is made. Besides if you did own it and could prove you needed it for work etc the Official Receiver wouldnt touch it. Worst Credit are using the threat of Bankruptcy as a pure scare tactic so that when their telephone threat monkeys phone you up and demand money you may be more willing to deal with them. In your case it would not be worthwhile for worst credit to make you bankrupt.

• 1 year later...

Hello again peeps, an update on my 1st Credit friends.

Since my last post on this, I CCA'd 1st crud and got no acknowledgement from them whatsoever. I then got a couple of letters from Robbers Way, acting on behalf of 1st crud. I sent them a letter stating that 1st crud had failed to supply a credit agreement, so they wrote back saying they (Robbers Way) were passing it back to 1st crud. Result. Then I got a few phone calls from them, so I sent the phone harrassment letter and, after a couple more calls from them, they stopped.

Heard nothing till this month. Got a letter from 1st Credit (Guernsey) looking for me and could I confirm that I am the person they are looking for!!!

Then a week later I get a letter headed Bank of Scotland assigning the alleged debt to 1st crud on 1.4.2007. ?? (April Fools Day???) This letter is interesting, because it is in exactly the same style as 1st crud letters, It came in an envelope with 1st cruds address on the back and it had enclosed a pre-payed envelope to 1st crud. It also has a bar code with a 1st crud reference number on it. Why would BoS have this on one of their own letters? I think this letter could be a forgery. I have had no letter of assignment from either BoS or 1st crud until now.

Just 10 minutes ago, the post has brought me a letter from 1st Credit, introducing themselves and informing me that the alleged debt has been assigned to them.:):) What a bunch of clowns.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this. Cheers jed

Hi BB, nice to hear from you again.

Not heard of 1st crud Guernsey :|

Strange that they would wait over 2 years to announce themselves :|

Do you think they have a hidden agenda, BB?

Some DCAs send ou the NOA for the OCs.

So this is normal practice then and not neccesarily a 'forgery'?

I'll be writing to them anyway to remind them of thier obligations under the CCA request.

jed

Hi jed :)

1st crud are under sanction by the OFT at the moment and are behaving rather strangely :|

They were put under sanction for their and connaught's frivulous use of SDs. They continued this for a while then seem to have stopped...A few members have had odd 'nice' letters from them. Where did 1st crud Guernsey come along?

The letter is not a forgery unfortunately.

The alleged debt has NOT been properly assigned in accordance with S136 of the Law of Property Act 1925. They should have served to Notice of Assignment on you in person or by regisitered post or recorded delivery. It is important that you do not admit receiving this NOA which was obviously printed on the Reigate Threatomatic.

Worst Credit have passed it around internally for some dubious reason in a bid to con either you, the OFT or the taxman. The simple fact is that they are in serious breach of your CCA request and as such must be reported.

I've had a letter from them today. It was in my maiden name, and I have been married for nearly 7 years. The debt they refer to is an old Lloyds TSB credit card I had when I was single. I thought that they couldn't chase me for debts that are over 7 years old.

Hi kali :)

If you're sure you haven't paid anything or acknowleged the account in writing for over 6 years the account will be statute barred.

Here's a letter for you to send the reigate numpties:

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No 4563210025897412

You have contacted us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by ourselves.

We would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

We would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that “it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period”.

The last payment of this alleged debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from us in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, we suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against us to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970”.

We await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

We look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Amend to suit, send recorded keeping a copy with yur postal receipt, do not sign print your name.

Would be a good idea to start your own thread so as not to get replies mixed up on this one :)

Hi jed :)

1st crud are under sanction by the OFT at the moment and are behaving rather strangely :|

They were put under sanction for their and connaught's frivulous use of SDs. They continued this for a while then seem to have stopped...A few members have had odd 'nice' letters from them. Where did 1st crud Guernsey come along?

The letter is not a forgery unfortunately.

I dont know where 1st crud Guernsey came from bb, this was on their 'search' letter.

First line goes;

'1st Credit (Guernsey) Limited is attempting to contact the above named...blah, blah, blah'

The letter heading and all other details are the standard 1st crud Reigate stuff.

Thanks for your replies BB.

jed

I dont know where 1st crud Guernsey came from bb, this was on their 'search' letter.

First line goes;

'1st Credit (Guernsey) Limited is attempting to contact the above named...blah, blah, blah'

The letter heading and all other details are the standard 1st crud Reigate stuff.

Thanks for your replies BB.

jed

Weird :|