style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has your case been stayed or have you not started your claim through the courts?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

What would be the legal position should I die before this OFT case is concluded, is it advisable to name a relative in my will to carry on my claim. Any suggestion would be welcome.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nice to see you guys. Wouldn't get too excited yet. BBC NEWS | Business | Decision awaited on historic fees

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well the waiver has been extended into next year now ....

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I read somewhere that the judge hearing the OFT test case was getting totally frustrated with the amount of time it was all taking.

He even went as far as to comment on a £45 FEE HSBC charged a customer for going overdrawn, even going as far as mentioning wow that's the highest yet. He should cast his eyes over my claim I have a couple of £75 that the BofS imposed!

I suspect that by next sumner this will be over and we can all start the process again. the interest clocking up though is going to be huge.I bet they are hoping that the court will agree that a fee of £15 per transaction is fair and some of the interest waiting time will be written off to their legality of £15 per transaction.

Am I right in assuming that when Lloyds TSB finally complete their acquisition of HBOS all debt liability passes to them. I would hate to start the process off for a second time. My claim is currently with the court in Birmingham I have objected to a blanket stay as applied for by the BofS.

So we will see. I suspect I am also going to join the long line of people waiting. If they do stay my claim I am going to issue proceedings the very next day against BofS for removal of the default as it is unlawful and incorrectly applied. Don't care how many £75 I have to shell out. They are going to get what's coming to them.

Grrrr......

:!:Currently at war with Bank of Scotland and Lowell

I bet they are hoping that the court will agree that a fee of £15 per transaction is fair and some of the interest waiting time will be written off to their legality of £15 per transaction.

If the fee is deemed unlawful, it's unlawful in its entirety.

Am I right in assuming that when Lloyds TSB finally complete their acquisition of HBOS all debt liability passes to them.

I would think so

So we will see. I suspect I am also going to join the long line of people waiting. If they do stay my claim I am going to issue proceedings the very next day against BofS for removal of the default as it is unlawful and incorrectly applied. Don't care how many £75 I have to shell out. They are going to get what's coming to them.

Grrrr......

You should have included removal of the default on your claim, as then if you are offered the money (at some point), you can refuse it as removal of the default is an integral part of your claim. You could amend your POC to deal with this, although there would be a fee (£35?) to do this.

This may also be of interest to you if you haven't already seen it.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/149449-put-your-credit-reference.html

Hey Caro,

Treid that letter you suggested with experian a couple of months ago.

I got back the usual drivel, that they have reassured by their client etc etc....in other words go away...

Decided not to wait for the OFT to sort out the bank charges issue and I issued court proceeding today against the bank for failure to supply default notice and that the default notice is unlawful.

Worth the £75 to file.

I await to see what happens next! I'm following the advice and links already put on here by Car2403, I'll keep you posted.

My claim for fees still stands and I wait in line with ever one else but now my new claim is all about the incorrect data and unlawful default.

G

:!:Currently at war with Bank of Scotland and Lowell