Jump to content

3 legal action - help! Update!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I'm not sure if I should keep posting on my original thread or start a new one, so I've started a new one - moderators please let me know if this is right!

I sent two letters to HFO, one disputing the debt to 3 (enclosing all previous letters to sent to all and sundry) and telling them to sue me and another one requesting the info suggested. I've subsequently received from them the letter from 3 confirming the sale of the debt to HFO and a copy of the bill in dispute. This morning, as I'm getting my kids ready for school HFO call again. I told them that I had written that I would not have any communication with them other than in writing and put the phone down. At what point can I complain to trading standards about harassment and also, do I just need to sit tight until I get the county court papers from them telling me they are suing me?

thanks in anticipation!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say you are to start a new thread if it has changed from a mobile phone issue to a debt collection issue in the debt forum (or request that the thread be moved), else continue on your original thread.


In the scenario posted I'd just keep writing or emailing them saying "I dispute this debt in its entirity" then when they claim, file a defense and watch them drop the case like a hot potato. (also you can feel a little smug at this point as they will have waisted money on court fees)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)


Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.


923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE



Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)


If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site


Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can complain to trading standards anytime you like, but the only way to stop them calling is to change your number, block theirs or don't answer. A firm of debt collectors cannot call you at unreasonable times, but irrespective of your own personal wishes, providing they don't harass, they can call you whether you like it or not. Their pursuit of you has to be 'reasonable', but what this constitutes and whether it is harassment only a judge can decide. TS will give advice and make soothing noises, but they won't take on the firm, and they won't pursue them on your behalf.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...