Natwest: Advice Needed for Claiming Back Charges

resonate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When is the AQ due to be submitted?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.

So it has been over 7 days since I sent a request to amend my POC. I kindly asked to hear back from them within that timeframe. However, I haven't heard anything. My questions are...

1. Shall I now fill out a N244 form and send to court? (I have already sent them the amended POC ahead, in triplicate).

2. I know I have to pay a fee for this, but would I get this money back should I ever win?

3. If so, do I add this fee to the Total Claimed now?

4. Shall I hand in my AQ at the same time as the N244, because the deadline is quickly approaching?

It's so crazy. The fees and interest alone will now amount to about £160 (not including the £45 they paid to make counterclaim), which is half of what I started claiming for in the first place! Why on earth do they bother with all the hassle and expense?

Loads and loads of thanks! :)

Thanks. I don't feel I can use what's in that link though, because I don't fully understand it. As I mentioned,

11. In the premises the terms imposing the charges are unfair within the meaning of Regulation 5 (1) and thus not binding on the Claimant under Regulation 8.

seems randomly placed, it's not clear what Regulations it's referencing and it's unclear where sections 8, 9, 10 even are. I can't send something that's inconsistent :confused:. I've seen so many examples of what one should put in POC for bank charges that I'm not sure what's right or wrong and I'm very confused.

The regs are the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations. (Sorry not to get this answer to you until now.:oops:)

Hi Everyone.

So it has been over 7 days since I sent a request to amend my POC. I kindly asked to hear back from them within that timeframe. However, I haven't heard anything. My questions are...

1. Shall I now fill out a N244 form and send to court? (I have already sent them the amended POC ahead, in triplicate).YES

2. I know I have to pay a fee for this, but would I get this money back should I ever win? Officially no, but if you ever get as far as doing a wasted costs order it might be worth trying for.

3. If so, do I add this fee to the Total Claimed now? No.

4. Shall I hand in my AQ at the same time as the N244, because the deadline is quickly approaching?No reason why not.

It's so crazy. The fees and interest alone will now amount to about £160 (not including the £45 they paid to make counterclaim), which is half of what I started claiming for in the first place! Why on earth do they bother with all the hassle and expense?

Loads and loads of thanks! :)

They bother in the hope that you'll give up.:rolleyes:

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think it would be ok, and shows the judge that NW are not being particularly co-operative in trying to resolve the issues.;)

Brill. Keep us posted.;)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, long time no write. I hope you're all well.

Except for the court allowing the amendment to my POC, there has been no further news on this claim. However, I have a burning question:

I saw an advertisement by Natwest in the newspaper last week which was about how they are reducing overdraft charges in October. I was appalled by it, to say the least. After stating that they believe their charges are fair for so long, they have suddenly reduced them by up to 86%. Outrageous. My question is: is it OK to send a letter to them with words to this effect, or should I not because a court claim has already gone through their solicitors?

How can they ever win this bank charges battle after pulling a stunt like this? Surely it shows that they know the charges were always unfair!

Thanks!

Resonate.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone, long time no write. I hope you're all well.

Except for the court allowing the amendment to my POC, there has been no further news on this claim. However, I have a burning question:

I saw an advertisement by Natwest in the newspaper last week which was about how they are reducing overdraft charges in October. I was appalled by it, to say the least. After stating that they believe their charges are fair for so long, they have suddenly reduced them by up to 86%. Outrageous. My question is: is it OK to send a letter to them with words to this effect, or should I not because a court claim has already gone through their solicitors?

How can they ever win this bank charges battle after pulling a stunt like this? Surely it shows that they know the charges were always unfair!

Thanks!

Resonate.

If you are BUMPing this, then writing such a letter is futile, by all means do it, but nothing meaningfull will come of it.

Most of the banks appear to have reduced their charges (in anticipation of them being decided unfair) or maybe they have not and only just re-structured them!

Edited by GuidoT

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.