more then 200 pounds of fees

lavampa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know why but after six months that I have nevere used my english account lloyd sent to me a letter where i was forced to pay an amount of about 250 pounds....Is it possI Thought since some days ago that i opened a classic account with lloyds bank but i discovered that i have a silver account and how can i know they will be charge you 7.5 pounds a month for the account and 3.99 pounds a month for overdraft limit......So i left london in december and before my leaving I wanted to take the residual money i had...so my account wolud be at 0...but they talked to me thatoi a transaction with skype arrived later and i was in overdraft of 8 pounds.

But the problem is....how could I know tha i have a silver account?....Why did they send to me a letter only th 21 of may to tell me that I had to pay about 200 pounds of overdraft fees....Is it possible according to you...?Are they kidding me?...thanks for help

ible?

Is this the LTSB silver account that is specifically geared to immigrants?

I understand that it has a monthly fee (approx. £7.95pm). Is it possible that as you cleared the account down to a nil balance before you left the UK the monthly charges have been mounting up resulting in an unauthorised overdraft & therefore increasing interest? If you wanted to close the account completely you should have made this clear to LTSB when you cleared the balance out in December.

If that is the case I'm not sure there is a lot you can do now re. the money they are demanding except write to them, explain the situation & that it wasn't made clear to you/you were unaware that the charges would go on accumulating unless you closed the account completely.

There may be someone else on this site who has more knowledge of this type of account & will come in with suggestions.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.