cabot and monument debt

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Does a bear ***t in the woods ?

Cabot sent me a letter today. They bought a monument account and Monument have been forwarding my £2 payment to them. Do I ask Cabot for a true notice of assignment. I am sure there are unlawful charges on this account.

Edited by overdone

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

I am sure there are illegal charges on this account.

You would have to send a SAR to the Origional Creditor.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You would have to send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the Origional Creditor.

Regards.

Scott.

Does the S A R cost £10.00

Every new DCA I get pestering me get the following letters all in one go, before they get chance to do anything.

1..CCA request.

2..Account in dispute with previous DCA/Original Creditor Letter.

3..Harassment by Telephone letter.

4..No Personal Visits Letter.

5..Formal Complaint Letter detailing their unlawful actions by trying to collect on the account. Any breaches of OFT guidelines and the new unfair practices law that came into force in May this year.

I don't give them time to fart these days. I just hit 'em with everything all in on go. They soon go quiet when they get the five letter volley across the bows. Then they pass it onto the next DCA and it all starts again.

Only another 4 years and 11 months to go and they'll all be Statute Barred anyway. And I don't mind waiting one bit. :D Will cost them a fortune in wasted calls and threat-o-grams over the next few years.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

fuzzybobble

Only another 4 years and 11 months to go and they'll all be Statute Barred anyway. And I don't mind waiting one bit. :grin: Will cost them a fortune in wasted calls and threat-o-grams over the next few years

If it's Cabot they keep on going if it's SB ed or not believe me.

I'm waiting to see if they are silly enough to take me to County Court. with a SB debt. Going to go through thier complaints procedure first see if I can get them to pay the OFT £400

I'm so looking forward to meeting the DCA's that go for the bottom of the barrel Statute Barred market. I'll be more than happy to play the neive victim and let them take me to court. Then give them a right good kick in the balls, followed up with a OFT complaint that costs them £400 as well as the court costs + paying me out for distress and harassment. :D

Bring it on :p

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

you need to send them the CCA letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter 'N'

with £1 postal order, do not sign letter or postal order.

Jogs

Have written one out, will buy £!.00 postal order tommorrow. Standing order to original creditor for £2 per month is still set up, I believe they forward this to cabot if they have bought the debt. Will ascertain situation upon their reply?

Have written one out, will buy £!.00 postal order tommorrow. Standing order to original creditor for £2 per month is still set up, I believe they forward this to cabot if they have bought the debt. Will ascertain situation upon their reply?

Can I stop paying by S/O? This account does contain illegal charges. Am I right in thinking therefor the amount owed is in dispute and that they cannot sue in a court of law for that reason? Is it cabots responsibility to supply amount of charges or the Original Creditor. I am fairly sure Cabot bought this debt.

Hi, Overdone.

If after 12+2 days of them receiving your CCA request and they have not complied, you can withold any payments on the account as they are in Default of your request.

Send a SAR to the Origional Creditor, this will let you know the score regarding charges made on the account.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi Overdone,

I've recently received notice of two alleged accounts that have been transferred to Cabot from the original creditor, complete with a fake letter from the original creditor indicating the transfer. Its un-beleivable, it would be obvious to a five year old the letter is fake - it is even printed on the same paper with the same codes in small print down the side as the Cabot letter :rolleyes:.

I've CCA'd them, lets wait for their response. I used a modified version of the letter posted on this site (will find link) which refers to the requirement to produce this etc, etc. Despite this, I still expect to get the usual rubbish that they don't need to supply one.

I'll keep you posted on any developments.

Boss-Man

Hi, Overdone.

If after 12+2 days of them receiving your CCA request and they have not complied, you can withold any payments on the account as they are in Default of your request.

Send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the Origional Creditor, this will let you know the score regarding charges made on the account.

Regards.

Scott.

Thank you for clarifiying which is which. C.C.A and S.A.R and frequently quoted on this site in many threads. Finally understand which serves which purpose now. Do not need S A R for Monument debt surely as I have all statements since acc began. Or do I?

Why waste a tenner then?

I recommend a highlighter pen and a comfortable chair, just go through highlighting any charges to start with and worry about adding them up later.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Why waste a tenner then?

I recommend a highlighter pen and a comfortable chair, just go through highlighting any charges to start with and worry about adding them up later.

Many thanks. I will do that.

Why waste a tenner then?

I have dated and itemised each charge. It comes to £450.00. Now what do I do and to whom? Do I write to the Original Creditor or Cabot who claim to own the loan?

Hi,

If your going to claim back the charges, you write to the Origional Creditor.

Have a look at the step-by-step............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Regards.

Scott.

Hi,

If your going to claim back the charges, you write to the Origional Creditor.

Have a look at the step-by-step............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Regards.

Scott.

If you are sure it is the OC I write to. They may have sold this debt to Cabot for significantly less than the 450 I want to reclaim

Well, with the 5 claims I've won, every time I've claimed them back from the OC, It's them I opened the account's with not the DCA ;)

Just my opinion :)

Regards.

Scott.

Well, with the 5 claims I've won, every time I've claimed them back from the OC, It's them I opened the account's with not the DCA ;)

Just my opinion :)

Regards.

Scott.

Thank you scott. Was that through the courts or out of court settlement?

Hi, Overdone.

My first claim was a Small Claim against BOS, which I won by Default as they did not reply to my Court papers.

My second a Summary Cause Claim against BOS, where again, I won by default as the could not be botherd replying to my Court papers.

My third was against Cap 1 who paid up as soon as they received my Court papers from the Sheriff's Officers.

My fourth was again a Claim agains BOS which was settled through FOS.

My fifth was a Visa Credit Card Claim, again from my friends at BOS, FOS also chased this up and I received every penny I claimed, including Interest.

So thankfully I never had to go to court :-)

All the best with yours.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi, Overdone.

My first claim was a Small Claim against BOS, which I won by Default as they did not reply to my Court papers.

My second a Summary Cause Claim against BOS, where again, I won by default as the could not be botherd replying to my Court papers.

My third was against Cap 1 who paid up as soon as they received my Court papers from the Sheriff's Officers.

My fourth was again a Claim agains BOS which was settled through FOS.

My fifth was a Visa Credit Card Claim, again from my friends at BOS, FOS also chased this up and I received every penny I claimed, including Interest.

So thankfully I never had to go to court :-)

All the best with yours.

Regards.

Scott.

Many thanks. Interestingly, I have a B O S card to claim from too.