Cabot Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

I received a threatening letter from Cabot Financial on the 31st March this year. I responded on the 10th April that I had no knowledge of the debt they were referring to and asked them to refrain from contacting me about this debt unless they could offer me evidence of my liability.

They wrote back on the 21st April saying they were still waiting on Monument to provide the requested information.

Anyway should I just leave this until they get back to me with something, they have registered this as a default on my credit file, can I ask them to remove this until they provide evidence?

Thanks in advance for any advice which will be very much appreciated.

Vonnie x

9/8 - Discovered Consumer Action Group Site:D

RBOS - Personal Account

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to RBOS

17/5 - Defence lodged by RBS

24/5 - Court date

21/5 - Offer received:rolleyes:

22/5 - Offer rejected

25/5 - New offer received and accepted!!!!!!

MBNA Credit Card

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to MBNA

Feb 07 Received payment in full...Yeh!!!!:-D

RBOS Business Account

25/5 - May 07 - Statements received

23/7 - Offered received

I would place the onus on Cabots to prove what they are claiming. There are lots of Cabot threads about this one is one where Cabots were collecting off wrong person etc..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/149022-how-i-beat-cabot.html

There is also some good advice in lots of these threads http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131321-cabot-threads.html all related to Cabots

Thanks Pinky and Elizabeth I've been reading through the threads about Cabot, they certainly seem a persistent bunch! Thought I would send them the following short and sweet letter and see what they have to say in response. What do you think?

Dear Mr Cabot

Further to your letters of the 31st March and 21st April 2008. As you have failed to supply any evidence of my liability for this debt, I would like to formally request that you remove all information in relation to this matter from my credit file.

Failure to do so will result in a formal complaint to the information commissioners office and the financial services ombudsman.

I look forward to hearing from you in the next 7 days, with confirmation that you have taken the appropriate steps to rectify my credit file.

Kind regards

Vonnie x

9/8 - Discovered Consumer Action Group Site:D

RBOS - Personal Account

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to RBOS

17/5 - Defence lodged by RBS

24/5 - Court date

21/5 - Offer received:rolleyes:

22/5 - Offer rejected

25/5 - New offer received and accepted!!!!!!

MBNA Credit Card

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to MBNA

Feb 07 Received payment in full...Yeh!!!!:-D

RBOS Business Account

25/5 - May 07 - Statements received

23/7 - Offered received

• 1 year later...