Does anyone know if this is a valid CCA?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can reclaim the penalty charges from whoever added them to the a/c when it was "out of order" - I assume this is HBOS.

You mention that DCA's may have added charges - this is a different matter. Can you clarify exactly what you mean here.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You can reclaim all unlawful debits, not just the charges. If the charges were added to total debt, they will have added interets to the charges- this interest can also be reclaimed to reduce the "debt"

Same applies to missold PPI charges- if the premiums were added to the total debt, interest will have been added on them as well.

Interestingly, doing this could make the whole thing unenforceable, as the interest applied would not be as stated in the prescribed terms.

The prescribed terms may indeed be on the CCA, but if they are incorrect, particularly if this is because of miss selling (for that read "deceptive selling") the agreement is fatally flawed and they could be piddling in the wind.

And of course, any interest or charges added since the account was terminated is unenforceable anyway.

Edited by noomill060

Im going down the...

"Interestingly, doing this could make the whole thing unenforceable, as the interest applied would not be as stated in the prescribed terms."

..route with Goldfish soon. :D

They are going to love me- I crucified them by claiming back my charges and contractual interest and also got county court interest at the contractual rate as well.

Total charges £595.

I was awarded a CCJ against them for a few coppers short of £2000.

• Haha 1

Hi, and thanks for your replies.

The charges I refer to were actually added on by blair, oliver and scott. There may be hidden charges too, but it's quite difficult to tell, because the statement of payments was just a printout from a computer. I had thought it would be more like a bank statement, but there you go.

The PPI was added to the loan, so every month I'll have probably paid interest on the loan, on the PPI and a very tiny amount towards the money I borrowed!

I know it's hard to see on the scanned photo, but basically:

AMOUNT BORROWED: £1000

CREDITCARE SILVER: £529.76

INTEREST: £1206.96

TOTAL AMOUNT: £2736.72

Paid in 84 monthly installments of £32.58

APR 18.9% It doesn't state whether that includes the PPI or not. I also elected to have my cheque delivered by courier and that cost £40 - but I needed the money in a hurry!

I will have to work out these sums when I get home from work - I never was very good at working out percentages on a calculator!

Thanks for your help, and good luck with Goldfish! Let us know how you get on?

:o You can't give a baby booze! :o

Hi Gin and Milk,

Re: the ppi, its worth going down the FOS route, this is what my OH has done and altho they said it was a goodwill gesture they are willing to refund, we are having a little discussion along the lines of Noomill's posts as FOS keep saying that BOS are allowed to make up a new loan which will be advantageous to him but he has said he does not trust them because the figures they have come up with are very vague, one good thing is that the harassment has stopped due to the FOS involvement.

Thanks for those replies - I'll do that.

As I've said earlier, I know the amount is small, but at one time these people really, really frightened me - and they knew it.

No more Mrs Nice person now though - the gloves are off!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone please help me work out the percentage (apr) rates that are listed on the 'cca' that i scanned earlier in this post? i never was very good with numbers and i just don't know how to work out whether the apr includes the ppi (or even the £40 i paid to have my cheque delivered by courier).

My head is spinning!

So, are you saying that you put gin in your tea?

No, I pour it on my cornflakes. At the moment I'm going through 4 large boxes of cornflakes a day. Some may say I'm an alcoholic, but actually i'm comfort eating! :grin: